Art Journaling Craftalong - 2021

Oh man. I just tried to draw my own birds. What a fail!

I found these super cute ones from Vecteezy. Anyone use them before? Says attribution required, but I’m assuming that’s only if I’m using commercially or selling…

Bird Vectors by Vecteezy

I find tracing things can be a real save too. Then you get the surface you want and can paint anyway you please.

Yeah, I mean, I usually steal pretty unabashedly from the Internet for embroidery patterns and Cricut projects (shh!). But maybe taking the images as they are directly is different? Everyone is so cognizant of royalty-free images, I don’t want to be the jerk who rips off real artists.

1 Like

Generally if it’s just for personal use I don’t worry about it. ESP if you aren’t giving it to someone

1 Like

Cool. That’s generally how I feel, too. There’s an inherent risk in putting your stuff on the Internet to begin with. Heck, maybe someone is out there stealing my stuff! :laughing:

I’m just going to consider the link I put here my “attribution.” :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m seriously considering taking this class series from Alisa Burke. Only $10 right now. She’s one of my faves. Thought I’d share in case it sparked interest in anyone else here.

6 Likes

I really love her work, as well! I wish I could take this one, but there’s no way I’d be able to do a lesson a day for 30 days, even if I had unlimited access later. Plus, I have a few of her classes already, and I haven’t finished them!

3 Likes

I know…the 30 days is both enticing and intimidating. I think I’m going to go for it. Eeek!

4 Likes

My take on it is that for that price, even if you only do a few lessons, it would be worth it and you still have a reference source for when you just want to do something with prompts. I think I am going to do it as well…I need a distraction to unwind since it is tax season for me…

3 Likes

Go for it! $10 would be a good deal even if you don’t do most of them.
(Haha, Linda just beat me to saying it :smile:)

4 Likes

$10 is a great deal! I may do this also. Although I probably won’t be doing 30 straight days.

2 Likes

As someone who struggles with letting go, this seems perfect for helping push me outside my comfort zone. Signing up!

2 Likes

I’ve done paid classes before but they were pricey and I didn’t want to suggest it to anyone as a group activity because I didn’t feel like it was right to share and I didn’t want to ask people to pay $100+.

But since the price point is so low maybe we can do some zooms where we do the videos together for anyone who buys the class.

4 Likes

sort of like a mini group within our group…I like that idea!

3 Likes

Love that idea!

2 Likes

Awesome! I’m glad so many are interested. I totally signed up! :smiley:

3 Likes

Me too!

1 Like

ooh I would be in.

2 Likes

Okay… you all have convinced me! And, at best, I learn some new stuff, and at worst, I support an artist that I like!

3 Likes

I would love to do this! I’m in!

And thanks for sharing, @Abbeeroad!!

3 Likes