Art Journaling Craftalong - 2021

We both worked on both pages. :smiley: I frequently went over her scribbles with my own to spread them out a bit. She has a heavy hand. :laughing:

1 Like

Somebody explain this scribbling thing to me? I saw it and liked it so added some to a thing last night but no idea where it’s coming from…

It’s the first day of Alisa Burke’s online class “chasing freedom.” I posted it here a while ago and several of us signed up! Today’s class/prompt is “one line.”

1 Like

Ok, cool! The scribbles are so neat-o looking.

1 Like

Here’s my “one line” page. I had a lot of fun with this one and didn’t want to stop!

8 Likes

Okay, that’s way cooler than mine! But I made up for it in quantity…

The lighting is bad, but the colors are slightly truer than in the other photo I took.

5 Likes

I had a supervisor today while I was laying down some watercolor backgrounds

7 Likes

Nice! I haven’t been brave enough to try watercolor yet.

I really couldn’t stop today so I turned my scribble page into a background. I thought I ruined it for a while but ended up ok with it.

11 Likes

That is miraculous! The background is perfect for the embellishment. Just perfect.

2 Likes

Very cool! I like how whatever you do, something will speak to you…looks like it was made for that background for sure!

2 Likes

This looks perfectly intentional. And the red bleeding from right onto left is just brills.

I would not be able to resist some kind of nod to a head/brain on the left. (The head and the heart)

1 Like

Oooooo! I LOVE that! :thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

so deep… :laughing: brain exploding…

1 Like

So, while I’m totally loving the Chasing Freedom classes, I feel like all I’m doing is making backgrounds. I feel like I need a “companion” series to finish these pages. Though maybe she’ll layer techniques on top of these later? To cover or not to cover…:thinking:

1 Like

I know what you mean, I’m not doing that class series but once you’ve got a masterboard cut up, what then? I’m not a fan or script over art most of the time so I use them for card fronts. I did make some 4X6 pieces for the current swap and one seems to need some thing more… what to do about that? What are you thinking Abbee, got any ideas?

She says in her welcome that they will be used later for layering techniques…I also want to “finish” them, but am just leaving them for now

Oh, clearly, I did not watch the welcome. :see_no_evil: Whoops. Thank you!

@Magpie I had no ideas at all! I need the prompts to push me!

1 Like

I was always a suck up in school…lol…guess that is why I am a rebel now, but some habits are hard to break…I am impatient and am trying very hard not to try very hard at these lessons…my arm does not want to scribble…it just doesn’t…lol

LOL…too bad I can’t send Ruby over to help you out! She has done some masterful scribbling.

lol I could use her coaching…I am going to try a little later to relax more…this does not have to be a masterpiece…just an exercise…

2 Likes