Art Journaling Craftalong - 2021

Beautiful! I love that string in the corner. I spy some green splatters too. Great contrast. Vibrant texture!

You have nice junk! Love how you mottled the colors…and the script really does add another dimension…good to see you again…I bet these art sessions are almost polar opposite of your weaving, which is so precise and rhythmic! What a balance you have created!

Here’s mine from today. The hearts were paper stickers I bought from Alisa Burke. My sentiment is hard to read but it was from a fortune cookie and reads “how can you have a beautiful ending without beautiful mistakes?”

12 Likes

Beautiful…and is that a leaf? It caught me by surprise!

Did you stamp the words after the paint? None of my book pages showed up at all!

Yes! I got these really thin leaves in a box of paper craft goodies from @sheepBlue. They worked really well with this technique.

And yes, the words were stamped after painting the background!

1 Like

I love that gorgeous colour @photojenn! And I really like how your splatters give just just enough sparkle :sparkles: wonderful rich piece!

That is so pretty @Abbeeroad! All those beautiful layers and colours really sing!

I’ve had a very happy morning playing with paint and markers. I’ve ended up with three little 4x6 pieces.

It was so much fun to create with all of you!!

11 Likes

@photojenn Lovely rich texture. The words really fit with the bold colours, drips and splatters. Love the script peeking through.
@Abbeeroad Beautiful mix of colours and textures. Lots of different patterns all working in harmony. It has a real rhythm to it.
@jemimah Cute bee! Gorgeous glowing background. Your alien is so fun, love how he is holding that label.

Here’s my one. Such a fun session!

10 Likes

That looks fabulous @Bel! Did you paint the fishes? They look amazing!! :fish: :blowfish: :tropical_fish:

I drew them quite awhile ago. Just coloured and cut them out today. Glad they have found a home :grinning:

2 Likes

@jemimah - I LOVE stay weird. So fun and funky. And your black drips (assuming?) are incredible! I want to try black now.

@Bel - those words in the bubbles!! So clever. And the fish are super cute. I love that they are your original art!

3 Likes

Are they the drawings from the teatowel you printed for me? You should do more fish drawings/paintings, they look so good!

1 Like

Thanks K :heart: Yes, they are the ones from that print.

I really enjoyed seeing you guys!!!

Since I had prepped a page ahead of the meeting, I did two pages. I didn’t finish them as I don’t have any images yet that I want to use…I will save them for later if I don’t chop them into other pieces…

The circles on this one are actually cardboard trash tags…I might put something in them
purple junk2

I really love this process because it makes me see “junk” in a new way…I also want to use up more junk mail and paper “trash” …

8 Likes

Oh wow, everyone’s pages are amazing. I am sorry I had to miss this one. But we did get some floor laid on our porch. Taking tomorrow off to lay down some more fir. If I can get out of bed in the morning. Art journaling is a bit less taxing.

Great session everyone.

1 Like

Can’t wait to see what you do with them! Did you stamp the white lettering? I feel like I need a white ink pad… :thinking:

Yes…it is Stazon White Permanent Ink…I liked what @geekgirl did with hers so I did it as well…I have lots of ink colors but I find I use mostly black and white…and you can buy refills and re-ink the pads!

1 Like

Ah, yes. I saw her show that to everyone but it’s hard to follow the convo when 2 of us are almost constantly using the heat tool, lol. I miss a lot!!

1 Like

here is mine. I really like the white stamping. I don’t think I would use burlap scraps again. they just absorbed so much paint to get them covered.

a couple of close ups

before the paint

I prepped ahead of time so I could do 2 pages. looking at this pic I was like this looks unfinished but I realize now I didn’t do any white splatters, circles or stamping. I may go back and do that.

the before.

and an ATC I made while I was at it.

6 Likes

@photojenn this looks great. love the yarn and the teeny tiny white circles

@Abbeeroad great colors. those stickers are cool and I like your text stamping. the leaf is awesome!

@jemimah I love how moody those colors are and the drippy effect you got!

@Bel Love the fish!!! and I like the words in the circles. this is great!

@AIMR those circles would make great spots for focal images/words. So much texture!

3 Likes

I love your ATC!! And yes, the white stamping is super cool. I’m def going to explore that.

I love that you took a pre-painted pic. We all should have done that!

We used some orange netting from a bag of clementines. It was tricky to get to stick down and it melted a little from the heat tool, but I really liked the texture of it in the end. I love the drywall tape!!

1 Like