Art Journaling Craftalong - 2021

It was on craftster but i found the link on the wayback machine

https://web.archive.org/web/20191204074215/https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=457754.0

4 Likes

I need to learn the wayback machine! I know I missed so many cool posts because I was not into paper crafting much back then!

Those are so cool…I kinda do the same thing with fabric scraps and have a box of embellishments that I use for other projects…you would think translating from fabric to paper would be easy, but for me, it is like starting over! Thanks for sharing…they are wonderful!

Thanks for linking that. Not only do I remember being super inspired by that project, there was also a link to one of my favourite scrappy book projects made for @JoyfulClover. Wow, seeing those photos brought back some memories.

3 Likes

That was also one of my favorites! All those tiny fabric patches…

@Abbeeroad I love all of the textures you used and the blending of the orange and pinks. Do you have leaves for texture or is that a stamp?

@jemimah I’m obsessed with your style! (Seriously, if you ever want to swap I’m there!) I love the guy on the right and you’ve got some great highlights and framing with the white and black.

@Bel your fishes are perfect for your spread! You’ve got some great textures and I love that you can even see the embossed word “top” from one of your pieces of “junk”.

@AIMR I love the oranges and purple together. The meshes you used for texture go great with your splatters making for that grunge feel.

@geekgirl I love the depth to your page! The gelatos really bring out the texture and the white ink is a perfect addition. And it looks like we picked the same phrase :joy:

2 Likes

I just want to suggest that if anybody is looking for ways to use these beautiful pieces, they would be awesome cut up as card fronts for Happy Mail!

4 Likes

lol That is what I did with three of my past Zoom pieces! lol…They looked way better as smaller pieces!

I’d like to say - one of my favorite things about this thread, other than the meetups themselves, are when people talk about how they created the pages, what they liked/didn’t like, and the feedback from others. It creates a wonderful sense of community and really helps me to learn (ohhh, that’s how you did that! ahhh that’s what people’s eyes are drawn to, I’ll pay more attention to that part next time, etc). And yes, the sound effects are required :joy:

4 Likes

The leaves are like these ones. They worked really well with both the Matte Gel and oil pastels!

1 Like

Those are wonderful! I doubt that I would use 100 of them! I would be happy to get some and ship them to others… :)…I seem to always have an Amazon order after each Zoom meeting…hmmmm…

1 Like

I don’t have 100, but I have more than I can use. I left them at my friend Jess’s house to share the wealth, but would be happy to send a handful out here or there, too. :wink:

I’m sure the girl and I could find a way to use a leaf or two :wink:

1 Like

Yes! And I will write a note, too! :laughing:

1 Like

Same! I ordered some gelatos this morning and I feel like there was something else I was supposed to order :thinking:

lol I order Stabilio pencils…I already had a white ink pad…

Good call, I think that’s what I was forgetting. Is it the Stabilio All pencils?

Yes, I bought three white and three black… I checked because I thought I had already purchased them, but it was the gel pens I bought from a few rounds back…thank goodness Amazon keeps track! lol I also bought the Mars black charcoal pencils but they don’t write well over paint…

1 Like

I’ve used leaves like that in gelli printing!

2 Likes

Yes. They write really well on paint even if it’s still slightly damp.
you can get black and white from amazon
Blick’s has several colors and I got some recently and really like them

Looks like they changed what colors they carry because I have a purple and teal one and not the orange and brown they have now.

and I have the yellow, red, and blue

Stabilo All Colored Marking Pencils | BLICK Art Materials (dickblick.com)

1 Like

Amazon sells that as a set…Perhaps I should have gotten more colors!