Art Journaling Craftalong - 2021

I like the torn cardboard effect. I’ll have to remember that one.

What did you use to do your scalloped circles? I like that effect!

1 Like

It’s actually a piece off a lamp I broke :laughing:. Accidentally – I did not intentionally destroy a lamp to get a stamping piece. But I did intentionally keep part of a destroyed lamp for stamping.

7 Likes

You are just awesome…

2 Likes

I can’t stop glueing trash in my art journal. Here’s 2 pages. And I did a couple more after that. One day I’ll paint them.

8 Likes

So much texture - these are going to be incredible!

1 Like

Hopefully it’s not too last minute but who wants to art journal this Sunday at 2pm Eastern time? I won’t be able to the 2 weekends after that so thought I’d try and squeeze in some journaling this weekend.

the supply list is pretty short for this one and very adaptable.

• gesso - she uses liquid and heavy but I think just liquid would work as long as it’s white and opaque. or for the 2nd application of gesso you can use white paint
  • inks or paints. She uses acrylic inks but I think this technique would work fine with either acrylic or watercolors. Or other types of inks (india, alcohol)
  • black ink with fineliner, or use a gel pen, or fine tipped paint brush and paint
  • heatgun / blow dryer
  • paint brushes
  • paper towels / baby wipes
    -pencil
  • I’m in
  • Not this time
0 voters
1 Like

The usual time? 2pm EST? My kid is turning 12 on Sunday, but I think I can squeeze this in. :slightly_smiling_face: I like this page!

1 Like

yes! I forgot to put the time.
I will fix it.

1 Like

I’ll say hi and do a bit. It’ll be 6am on Monday here, and it’s the the first day of my new job, so I might be a bit distracted… but maybe a little early morning art could be calming too :smile:

4 Likes

congrats!

1 Like

Thank you!

YAY! You got it!! :tada:

1 Like

I love that page! I will need a break as I do the two last minute tax returns…lol…one is my own!

3 Likes

This one looks gorgeous, but we have a hike planned for the day with the doggie since the weather is finally nice here in Michigan! We’ve gotta take it while we have the warmer, but not so hot weather here. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Looks fun! Although I’m regretting not ordering the Stabilo All pencils yet :joy:

3 Likes

I like little colorful pods!!

2 Likes

I cleaned out my “trash bin”. Apparently I use a lot of glue pens :laughing:

5 Likes

I don’t even know what a glue pen is… looking it up…

I hope to make it this time. I’m still limited in my access to supplies, but I miss you guys!

3 Likes

Yay!!