Art Journaling Craftalong - 2021

I’m always keen to join in a Zoom, whenever we have one :grinning:

1 Like

You read my mind. I was thinking this Sunday.
I’ve just been slammed at work and haven’t had 2 minutes to schedule it.

I’m all for the circles. I’ll post it this evening

3 Likes

Art Journaling Zoom
Sunday June 6 2pm Eastern Time

Supplies needed:

• background to work on
  • gesso (gesso your page before hand if you can)
  • paint brushes / water for cleaning brushes
  • acrylic paints. She uses metallics but that’s not necessary
  • she uses magical powders and a spray brush but I know many of us don’t have those. You can use watered down acrylics, watercolors, shavings off of watercolor pencils or crayons, etc.
  • palette knife, credit card, piece of cardboard, or something to scrap paint with
  • stamps and inks
  • stencils
  • circles. She uses circle stamps that are solid, not just an outline but you could use bottle caps, tp rolls, etc and stamp on a circle outline and paint in the circle
  • markers, paint pens, gel pens
  • a heat gun or hair dryer is useful
  • paper towels/wipes

I’ll send the zoom info to the people who vote “I’m in!” on Saturday.

• I’m in!
  • Not this time.
0 voters
2 Likes

I messed up the poll so if you just voted you’ll need to revote. You should see your profile pic once you vote.

1 Like

Oh no. I voted yes but completely forgot we have a family bike ride planned. It’s possible we will be back in time but I think it’s more likely I’ll miss this one. Sorry to mess up my vote…d’oh!

1 Like

I would love to craft with you all, but 4am is a bit early for me >_< Can’t wait to see what you all make x

3 Likes

Saturday crafternoon on Magpie’s porch!

8 Likes

Ooh I want to be there

It was fun! Hot & windy & we did a lot but got nothing done, lol. We’re going to do it again tomoro but inside in the cool non-breezy kitchen :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

This is amazing!

#1 I would love a porch, it’s not a very common thing in Australia

#2 I can’t wait to craft with friends once all these lockdowns are over :hugs:

1 Like

We are out of lockdown but with most restrictions still in place.
I love the porch, we looked for a house with a nice one. Our last place had a teeny narrow thing, we could put our feet up on the railing from our seats! We had coffee out there most days anyhow so knew we’d appreciate something nicer.

7 Likes

That is so nice :hugs: thank you for sharing a picture with me :blush::blush:

So…91 degrees today and I think we are skipping the bike ride. I’ll be around to zoom! Sorry for the back and forth. Hope to see you guys later. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

91 is definitely too hot. I hate summer time!

I got paged in the middle of the night for a work issue so I am dragging. I’m off to nap and hopefully be refreshed for this afternoon!

4 Likes

I had a rough night with lots of swelling and pain in my leg. I have been awake since since 4 am, but I took a pain pill and feel so much better now. Icing my leg and staying in bed for a few hours and maybe even fall asleep…but I have my alarm set for 1 pm so I can be wide awake for our Zoom…I have basically done nothing of any crafting bent for over a week and need to get back not only for my own pleasure but to distract from my leg!

Can’t wait to see everyone and make a mess again!

4 Likes

Oof, is it hurting still from surgery? Distracting pain is the worst. Feel better soon!

1 Like

It’s so hot today we can’t even do porch or garden or siding projects. So a zoom craft along is the thing…if I can uncover enough counter space to work.

1 Like

Thank you for hosting Carlee!!

So wonderful to see you all :heart: :yellow_heart: :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Sad to miss out but I’m setting up for another crafternoon with @Serenity !

5 Likes

It was so good to see everyone!

Here was my page from today.

Edited to add materials used

• canson mixed media paper
  • liquitex basics gesso and acrylic paints
  • distress ink pads, distress oxide spray
  • white posca pen
  • black brush tip pen
  • ranger black archival, colorbox grey ink
  • black distress crayon (for shading circles)
  • black neocolor for border

Because they’re water reactive, the distress inks didn’t work great on the gesso’d surfaces (they make a strange grainy texture I think from the gesso).

10 Likes