Art Journaling Craftalong - 2021

That is a beautiful page!

1 Like

It’s like a lush forest!

1 Like

So much depth! It looks wonderful, love the subtle colours

1 Like

wow! The colors are fabulous, but I just love the almost frenzied feel of the piece…all of the scratchy marks seem urgent and anxious…love it!

Thank you sweetie

It looks great & sister, that is exactly why I don’t craft for $. I gotta make for ME without other thoughts & intentions cluttering up the mind or it’s not an effective exercise in mental health. That’s what it’s all about, art for a happy brain!

1 Like

Here is my results from today’s lesson of “Scribbles”

8 Likes

Here are my “scribbles” from today. I grabbed my marker container which had mostly crayolas and a few sharpies then used black pen and a whiteout pen I had near by. This was fun and not something I would have done without prompting.

9 Likes

The whiteout effect is really cool.

1 Like

Loving your scribbles, you guys!! I am already behind, lol. :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Jump on in, it only takes a few minutes and is very liberating!

1 Like

I didn’t have time yesterday to do this. Looks like fun!

I gessoed a bunch of paper and also a composition notebook…today, I will finish painting a few spreads for background. I am excited for the lessons…they seem simple enough and will help me build some skills and ideas…good call to keep me accountable and doing something daily.

1 Like

Same! I am prepping a spread now. I think I’m going to invite my kiddos to scribble with me on this one. They certainly help me embrace freedom on the daily. At least that’s one way of looking at it. :wink: Plus, they are scribbling masters.

3 Likes

I think it will be wonderful to have your kiddos do this with you! They have such exuberance and it would be contagious!

1 Like

I did a spread over the last couple of days which is a first for me, because I tend to want to get things done now!

It’s layered cardboard, gesso, water reactive stamp pads, ink, posca pen (white) metallic paints and gold leaf.

10 Likes

@Edel This has a nice urban city feel. I love the effects of all the layers and use of color.

1 Like

I love seeing your color choices and layering. It looks like a village.

Love the effect of the layered cardboard!

Edel, that is gorgeous.

I just watched this great video, I wonder if all that can be done on something other than a canvas. I mostly end up using that sort of thing for cards, bookmarks, etc. I don’t make any hanging up artwork, we simply haven’t the wall space for it. I like to create these things but need to cut them up and use them for stuff afterwards. Do y’all think all the wet and layers she’s using would be too much for say, paper backed with cardboard like cereal box? Like, when she “seals” the surface with gel medium then preps it with thin gesso, will that lend enough water resistance to handle the water spritzing she’d doing? I have a problem with things running, like when adding a layer of gel medium my stamps and paints etc smear, or when pasting down layers of paper and tissue. I’ve never managed to figure that element out, it’s frustrating.

1 Like