Art Journaling Craftalong - 2021

Amazing! I love this.
When my girl was wee she’d come to the studio with me & make things with scraps. I’ll find some throw-back pics to share. So much fun!

3 Likes

That’s adorable! Just like Mommy. :grin:

2 Likes

This was a great video. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Helpful tips - thanks for sharing!

Your little girl’s creativity is beautiful to see @Abbeeroad!

2 Likes

I used this video on layering mediums and this dahlia drawing tutorial to create this page layered on top of my mark making spread from the Alisa Burke class. It was really fun and I love the final product.

13 Likes

Dang, that’s beautiful.
Look at you rocking this craft!

3 Likes

I love black spreads! The framing is great! What pen did you use?

2 Likes

Posca!

3 Likes

Gorgeous!!

2 Likes

Loved looking at all your gorgeous artworks! This was a cool video although I got sidetracked early on. I found some stencil patterns online and cut them on my partner’s vinyl cutting machine. I stuck some of the cut-outs on with gel medium and painted details on top, a bit like colouring in. Not quite finished, but will put it up now as busy week ahead…

I’m keen to try this video again and do the big face & eye so will join next session if I’m able :smile:

9 Likes

Wow this looks so fabulous! :heart: The colours are nice It just makes it look calming and relaxing, and the flowers look sooo cool!!!

3 Likes

Love the colors and the mermaid. The flowers and the stencils really add a watery world feel.

2 Likes

Beautiful!! I love the idea of painting over cutouts. :blue_heart:

2 Likes

So glad you could join us! Your piece does evoke the feeling of water and mystery…a mermaid hiding in the flora…the cuts out add a nice layering effect as well. Beautiful work!

2 Likes

That looks fantastic @Bel! The colours and layers make it feel like the mermaid is floating in the depths.

1 Like

Thanks for your lovely comments :blush: And thanks for sharing videos @Abbeeroad and @geekgirl. Lots of super helpful tips and inspiring ideas!

2 Likes

I took some time to organize my stencils…why? Because I ordered the same set again because I forgot what I had! I used dividers to set up categories: geometrics, florals, spirals, numbers/letters, holidays, circles…

Not sure how long it will stay nice and neat, but I do have my favorites right up front… lol

11 Likes

Oh my gosh, that looks like my book! I did the same thing too, haha, oops.

1 Like

Wow @Bel, that is utterly lovely. I really like the placement of the flower across the mermaid’s bust, makes her look like she’s floating there in the depths.

2 Likes

My friend Jess does the same! :laughing: she has her clear, flat stamps in one too.