Art Journaling Craftalong - 2021

I love how you’ve made your eyes a part of the piece :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Here’s mine. I did leave some white space.

10 Likes

Here’s my page. I’m realizing going between the eyes with white might have helped them seem more a part of the page. I’m also thinking maybe a slightly bigger page would help, this book is 7x9” I think.

I really like the bottom left half of this page, I want to explore that more.

8 Likes

Thanks everyone for joining in. It was fun!

@Kwality570 it looks like a landscape. I love it!

@PrincessP I love the bold colors you used and all your dots. and good job on all the white space!

@jemimah gorgeous! Love the panda! And I agree about the b&w doodles. Making my own collage sheets is something I really like doing.

@curiousfae great scribbling and doodling! Love the colors.

@photojenn did you add more stamping? I think it looks great. And I like all your white and scribbles.

2 Likes

@curiousfae I love the eye embellishments!

@photojenn Your eyes look haunting! Perfect!

My bird was already peepin!

8 Likes

I like my page better now that I added splatters…seems like splatters unify these colors! I am not sure I am a white space person, but it is fun to try different things and learn how to do more things with what you have on hand!

10 Likes

This was my page from today’s journalling along. They are such fun.

12 Likes

I almost get a feeling of landing on some mystery planet, bubbling on the surface…love the bubbles stamp…eerie as well with the eyes in the sky…

1 Like

@JoyfulClover I love the bold black lines! and all your little doodles.

@AIMR I like how you outlined your eyes and I like the colored dots in your black circles. looks great.

@edel love the bubble stamp! and those colors are awesome.

1 Like

That was actually paper that I had in my stash…I picked the colors from the paper… :slight_smile: Thanks!

Those splatters are great @AIMR

@JoyfulClover I love the drippy paint.

@photojenn the colour combos you have are fab

@curiousfae the doodles are brilliant, they really bring everything together.

@geekgirl I love the solidity of the letters, it really contrasts with the soft colours

@jemimah the panda face works brilliantly

@PrincessP I love your sunset colours

And I forgot to tell y’all I actually turned up for today’s zoom 24 hours early. I don’t know where my head is at

6 Likes

Awesome pages, everyone! I want to revisit mine in a day or two, but I’ll definitely post it when I’m (reasonably) convinced it’s done.

3 Likes

I had so much fun with you guys today!! Here’s my page:

I’d love to play with drips/splatters!

7 Likes

Trent’s eyes are totally transformed!

I think your eyes are peering out into this bright happy world! Sort of looks like a landscape of little villages! So glad you joined in…how did your little one do on hers? Bet she had fun arting with mom!

1 Like

Haha…she definitely enjoyed being a part of it. Thanks for asking. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Here’s hers just for fun. :laughing:

8 Likes

Hey–she picked the same colors as me! Pink and green! She is my kindred spirit!

3 Likes

@Abbeeroad looks great - I like your colors and I love that triangle stamp. your eyes look like they are peeking up to see what’s going on.

1 Like

this is great! love the mommy and me art time!

2 Likes

@PrincessP I adore how geometric yours all seems to be. The colors just pop off of the black and white. Gorgeous
@jemimah Your little doodles are amazing. I love how well you incorporated the panda. He looks like he’s just hanging out in a wild forest of color.
@curiousfae love how you blended all of your paints together and how your squiggles add movement to your piece. Super cool!
@geekgirl I love the quote and you captured the “white space” perfectly!
@photojenn You captured soooo much texture. Super cool!
@JoyfulClover I love how you incorporated the color from the flower into the piece. Makes it look cohesive. I also love the dark black everywhere. It really make the color pop.
@aimr You definitely got that haunting eyes look! I think the splatters are great. I need to work on those to be at your splatter level.
@edel I love this! Your bubbles really look great with the bold colors you picked. It looks as if I could reach out and touch it and it would be a texture!
@Abbeeroad Gorgeous final piece. I love the patterned paper. It looks like an animal print and she looks like she’s on a safari. I love it. Also, the texture that you added with the black is amazing! And of course, your daughter’s art is so adorable. :slight_smile:

5 Likes