Art Journaling Craftalong - 2021

The fabric stamps are fantastic @AIMR! I love seeing scraps made into pretty things :heart:

I love both those pages @calluna! The first one has so much texture and detail to look at, and the colours and collage in the bear one are beautiful :grinning:

I mean, didja see mine :laughing:? Your elements all still seem to highlight the focal image.

2 Likes

lol I thought we were suppose to leave white space…I think the rest of us “failed”… :rofl:

I love how well you incorporated the polar bear. As if the viewer is in the Arctic as well! Through a snowstorm.

I love both of these! The color peeking through is fantastic. And that looks like a fierce group of ladies!

1 Like

Calluna those are soo gorgeous!

Thanks all; I love all the pages you folks made, I just think I’d be plunking away here on my phone for days if I start describing!

2 Likes

In an effort to not schedule over weekends, we’re going to try out a weeknight Paper Zoom.

When: Wednesday, January 27th, 7pm EST
Where zoom link will be shared in private message to the people who vote “I am there” in the poll below.

Supplies Needed:
Background paper

Gesso or white acrylic paint

Adhesive (gel medium, modge podge, glue, etc.)

Acrylic paints and brushes

Stencils

Central image (decorative scrapbook page, magazine image, personal stash, or maybe print this Spring bird or this Autumn bird - both copywrite free images)

Markers, gel pens, paint pens

Texture paste - purchased or homemade (baking soda & glue). Edel shared her recipe, but I couldn’t find it, so I’ll come back to update. geekgirl shared this one

Some type of scraping tool

Requirements you must art!

• I am there!
0 voters
3 Likes

Smack bang in the middle of my work day, so I won’t be able to come at this time, sorry! Can’t wait to see what you all make though x

That’s the same time as my book club, so I’m out this go-around.

I’ve been into fabric for so long I need a paper hit.

2 Likes

Yay! I’m so excited to do another page with you guys!

2 Likes

I’m in! I’ll have to think of an image to use. I don’t think I like using magazine pages because they’re ususally shiny and hard to blend in, so I’ll have to see what else I can find/make.

1 Like

My computer doesn’t do zoom; could we consider trying a google meet at some point instead?

I looked and it seems google meet limits you to 60 minutes if you don’t have a paid account. I have a paid zoom account (because I use it for several meetup groups) so I don’t have a time limit on meetings.

I know there are a couple of people who don’t have/want google accounts and a couple who can’t use zoom so its hard to find a platform that works for everyone.

But if anyone has google meet and wants to host an art journal session, feel free!

Hey @thanate - I also only have a paid zoom account so that’s my go-to platform as well.

I was thinking maybe trying to draw a simple one on separate paper, and then cut out? The bird anyway. Or use scrapbook paper - I’ve had good luck with that.

I also might go rogue and use another animal altogether. If I can find a badger, SHE WILL BE MINE!!!

1 Like

hey everyone, go check out the first post of this thread again!
I got bored and added some info at the bottom.

5 Likes

I’m in! Looks like I will be making and using texture paste for the first time. Exciting!

3 Likes

I love that you posted what videos were done…it makes it easy to find if you miss one and want to do it or refer back to it when you see others post…nice organization job…you must have been bored…lol…thanks, though…it is good stuff!

2 Likes

Wow - thanks for summarizing. I know it’s a commitment to updating it. So thank you!

Also, check out the pixabay site to confirm a good reference as well for free images. It looks like they make money because the images directly under their featured images are for sale, while they take the hit on the free image it took to get you there (each page distinctly calls out it bring free below the for-cost images). So basically a loss leader.

https://pixabay.com/