Baby knits - two sweaters and socks!

A good friend is expecting and I had hard time thinking of what to make her babe that she couldn’t easily make herself. Knitting to the rescue! I knit up these adorable sweaters and loved every minute of it. Tiny things are so cute, am I right or am I right?

Of course I had to show things to scale.

I kind of think socks are impractical for babies, especially handwash socks! but I couldn’t help myself since her mom has some adult sized matching ones too (this was made with the leftover ball of yarn). At worst, it’ll be adorable for a photo op moment :heart:

25 Likes

They are so, so beautiful, and so truly treasured.

2 Likes

Awwww… so wee and so adorable!

3 Likes

You are right! Such adorable tiny things! Beautifully made to boot(ie)!

3 Likes

It’s all adorable but I love those itty bitty socks!

2 Likes

So adorable!

My grand daughters wore socks from the day they were born, under sleepers even, so I think they are very practical.

2 Likes

Oh my… gosh, nothing melts my hart like itty bitty baby stuff !
I knit socks too, and love doing them for babies. Dont know anyone expecting now, so have been thinking about making some and give to the local hospital .

2 Likes

Teeny! This makes my heart happy. What a great friend you are

2 Likes

Adorable!

3 Likes

The sweaters are adorable. I can’t decide which one I like better. They are both great. Small things are cute, but sometimes so much harder to make. These turned out beautiful. I also adore the idea of matching socks for the baby. Matching anything is adorable.

3 Likes

:tada: :tada: Congratulations, your adorable project is a featured project this week :tada: :tada:

2 Likes

Those sweaters are gorgeous! I love the yarn you picked. And those socks are so itty bitty! Gah. Cuteness overload!!!

1 Like

Thanks everyone! It was so much fun to knit. I just wish adult sized clothes were as much of a joy :upside_down_face:

Oh, those are adorable!
Such lovely gifts!
The first sweater/cardigan is my favorite.

1 Like

So tiny & perfect, how adorable!

Squeeeiiiiii :heart_eyes:

Too right! I love the blue one!