Beginning Embroidery, Needle Felting

Thanks @kittykill, @MistressJennie, & @marionberries!!
He was a fun project but I spent way more time than I should have on that hoop! It started as a button. I intended to get a photo of the underside which shows that I created a pinch tension wire insert to hold the fabric in place, but I didn’t want to take it out of paw after giving it to him! :wink: :mouse:

2 Likes

The little accessories that make the whole thing work are often the most time consuming. But it’s what we artists do.

3 Likes

Yes, just so!! Cutting out the middle of the button I used for the embroidery hoop was a lot harder than I thought it would be. It’s made me go looking for what might have been better tools to use without being any the wiser.
A coping saw probably would have been a better choice. I have a jeweler’s saw which is the same thing, but I’ve never manage to get it to work properly.

2 Likes

Well, so this just makes my heart squeeze! Embroidery is my jam! And seeing one of your little creatures her their creativity on, is fantastic!

Do you ever name them?

2 Likes

Congrats! Your Embroidery Mouse is one of this week’s featured projects. You are awesome!

4 Likes

Thank you @JoyfulClover!! I think the raccoon with the security bunny got a name, but that’s not generally something I do. :mouse:

Thanks @kittykill!! That makes my day/week!! :smiley: :mouse:

2 Likes

He looks so happy to be learning embroidery! Totally loving that jacket. I think I need one in adult size.

2 Likes

OMG this could not be more adorable! This would be so great for a Christmas decoration

2 Likes

I can understand this. Congrats on the feature, @Harlan! Well deserved!

2 Likes

Thanks @irid3sc3nt!! I’d need a larger spool to do an adult like this! :wink: :mouse:

Thank you @Zurie!! While I’ve seen people make/use needle felting for Christmas ornaments, I’d be concerned about pine needles grabbing the fiber from the piece. He’s also not attached to his spool and that would have to be corrected. He’s work in a Christmas Village! :slight_smile: :mouse:

Thanks @JoyfulClover!! When I made prittens (pretty kittens) I named them, but in general I don’t name things that I have no intention of keeping. :smiley: :mouse:

2 Likes

Yes, this is what I thought. It does no good to get attached to things you are not keeping, and giving them names feels permenant.

2 Likes

ACK! So dang sweet! And this little one is a natural with embroidery; I can tell!

2 Likes

Thank you!! @JoyfulClover naming the Prittens was part of their marketing. The had “dowries” for whoever adopted them, plus they had pizza for the journey; books to read and a porthole on the box so they could see out. Some of the people who “adopted” them really enjoyed those extras, others thought it was childish. The Prittens thought is wasn’t enough. :wink:

Thanks @TheMistressT!! I was glad that I kept the old damaged lace edge handkerchief. I used the lace on one project and some of the fabric on this one. It was thin enough to drape pretty well given the size needed. :wink: :mouse:

1 Like

It’s so bizarre someone wants a one of a kind, needle felted creature, but thinks the small details are too extra. People are so strange. I think those little things give them magic.

1 Like

Awwwwww :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: he is so adorable!!!

1 Like

Thanks!! :mouse: