Bird ATCs, Acrylic and Old Paper

Found some little squares of thick card at the dollar store and picked up a few packages. Cut those suckers into ATC sized blanks and then covered them with pages from old hymnals. Some splotches of paint for a background and I was set to paint.

Started off with a wee Chickadee and then kept painting feathery dudes all day.

Pretty happy with most of them. My favorite is the little Wren who looks completely pissed off and reminds me of the one who lives in my garden and tells me off at every opportunity.

21 Likes

These are beautiful! Your painting skills are fabulous! Using sheet music as part of the background is so perfectly appropriate, too. I love these!

3 Likes

They are gorgeous! The backgrounds are perfect with the painted birds :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Beautiful. Birds are such a lovely motif and there is so much variety. The red winged black bird is one of my favorites.

3 Likes

These are great. Your painting skills are awesome.

2 Likes

The birds are fantastic in and of themselves, and then having them paired with that background, done with utterly perfect words and phrases…so lovely.

2 Likes

These are stunning. I love all of them. You captured them beautifully.

1 Like

These are beautiful! The birds are so detailed and incredibly well painted! You definitely have a gift!

1 Like

gorgeous!
thx for sharing – way to elevate a dollar store find :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love these so hard! They are so beautiful.

1 Like

Beautiful. They make my heart feel a bit lighter. :blue_heart:

1 Like

These are so pretty!

1 Like

Lovely! I haven’t seen any of your paintings for a while…it seems I have missed them! :smiley:

1 Like

so beautiful!

1 Like

Congrats! Your Bird ATC’s are one of this week’s featured projects. You are awesome!

2 Likes

What a great idea to have the music peeking out from underneath! Your painting skills are amazing. I’m in love with all of these little guys.

1 Like

Every last one of these is absolutely lovely. Your robin reminds me of the male who keeps giving me the stink eye when I dare sit on my own balcony over which he and his mate have decided to start their family.

1 Like

These are gorgeous!

1 Like

They are amazing!
I love them.

1 Like

Your birds are fabulous!!

1 Like