Birds, Bees, Flowers, Trees....Summertime ENTRIES ONLY 7/1-7/7/2021

Yahoo! I am so glad you decided to enter the site wide contest/challenge!

How to post your entry:
Please post your entry in a reply to this thread. That’s it! No new threads, just post your entry in a reply to this thread. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!

In this original post, I will link everyone’s entry so nothing gets lost. You can just click on the link and it will take you to the entry.

You have until July 7th to post your entry.

I can’t wait to see what everyone has created!

Links for entries:
Lynx2Lancer
SheepBlue
Abbeeroad
Calluna
MistressJennie
seeuudee
PrincessP
steiconi
Bugaboo

6 Likes

For my entry, I made a whole bunch of notecards for happy mail in summer themes: hummingbirds (of course!), puffins (stamp by @alishamisha), fish (I don’t actually fish, but catch a bunch in Animal Crossing!), cactus (for gardening), and travel (because there is so much to see!)

There are about 6-8 cards in each design set, and the backgrounds are masterboards. The fish, puffin, and hummingbird sets were the ones I was working on when the roof leaked onto my table. Luckily, they were saved.

Off to finally create their own post, which I’ll link back here, for those who want to see more!

You can read more here about my Summertime themed masterboard notecard sets.

8 Likes

I wanted to bring a bit more of summer into my at-home office so I made this faux succulent art frame…the best part was that I already had everything in my stash!

10 Likes

While I didn’t manage to get done my planned project for this challenge, I did manage to whip up a little something to take to an impromptu grad party I attended last night (at a pool!).

I used this recipe as a guideline to make Watermelon Jalapeno Margaritas! Here are some pics of the process…

Making the syrup:

Pureeing the melon:

Straining it all:

Adding the tequila:

Scene missing

Enjoying by the pool!

:sunglasses:

12 Likes

Summer brings Pride parades/festivals, and Pride parades/festivals bring RAINBOWS! :rainbow: :rainbow_flag:
There is already an abundance of clever and beautiful messages out there, and I am basic, so here is how I celebrated Pride Month:

About 75 colors of embroidery thread, and I had to keep them hanging down because I love the look of them! The ready-made rainbows are old elastic, and I covered the ends with clouds (little circles cut out of cotton fabric scrap). Beads courtesy of @Magpie (of course!)

Back cover and spine:

(Gay sailor patch made for me by RovingAnarchist in a swap on the old site. And how could that NOT be paired with a patch featuring the lower half of a Rainbow Brite character?)

The insides got covered in a spree of rainbow gelli-printing.

It was originally going to be an accordion book, but looking at the pamplet-binding @AIMR used in a recent project, I tore the accordion apart and redid it to stitch each page to the cover.

The inside covers, being the backside of the stitchings, I covered with wonderful slow-stitch patches I received from @LadybugsAndBees :

:rainbow::rainbow_flag:

13 Likes

:ocean: :shell: :sun_with_face: Summer Wreath :sun_with_face: :shell: :ocean:
For my entry I decided to create a new wreath for our front door. I have plenty of good options for autumn, Halloween, Christmas, winter, and spring, but I didn’t have anything that was good for summer. So I made one! Filled with jute rope, shells, and sea glass.

Here’s a link to my project post, with a mini tutorial.

And a special thank you to @calluna, whosent me the sea glass pieces in a swap!

11 Likes

Summer for me is about being outside in the garden, either our vegetable plot or visiting a formal gardens, and pottering around taking photos of the flowers/birds/bugs/etc.

When I saw this set of felt patterns on Etsy (PDF pattern to make Pastel garden garland. Felt garland. | Etsy) it immediately spoke to me of summer potterings in a garden. I couldn’t quite be patient enough to wait for some pastel colours of felt to arrive, so made a version with the colours I had available.

Once the pastel felt arrives, I plan to make a full set :slight_smile:

10 Likes

For my entry into our summertime challenge I made a mini quilt :hugs:

I call it: :sunny::bikini::last_quarter_moon_with_face:Summer Days Summer Nights :first_quarter_moon_with_face::bikini::sunny:

Here is it, pictured on a glorious winter day in Australia :australia: :sun_with_face::snowflake:

The fabric is a line called Sunburst by Art Gallery Fabrics. When it arrived, the sun-bathing beauties called for me to make them into a Dresden plate. I did the maths and made the pattern/template myself.

The quilting I decided to go with is a big star, together with the navy background fabric fit the Summer Nights element. The internal quilting is to look like one of those mid century modern star clocks, to match the “Hello Summer” house fabric in the centre of the plate.

11 Likes

Travels in Oregon.

A felt applique of our camper, with embroidered plants and flowers filling the outline of the map of Oregon.

This commemorates our current visit to a state filled with trees and plants, and continues my State-a-Month project.

We reach Idaho on Thursday. What bit of beauty exemplifies the potato state?

8 Likes

here mine goes!!!

My Backyard resort oasis! This has been a huge project between repairing the pool plaster, priming and painting, acquiring decor and furnishings. The metal table and small planter stand were sanded down and painted. Removing the pavers on the weed infested paver patio that was sinking and uneven then redoing. All the furnishings were thrifted or heavy heavy clearance items. I scrubbed down the pool deck and upper deck and then power washed everything. Then added some pots near the stairs by the pool with some fancy rocks the kids found on the property and solar fountains. Its now like a mini resort in the back yard we don’t want to leave in the summer!

8 Likes

Time to vote!