Birthday Hats in Handspun Wool

Our family has a lot of October birthdays and my nieces and nephews always just ask for money. But, that seems like a boring, if appreciated, gift.

So, I put some of my handspun yarn to good use and whipped up a hat for each of them. The green one is for my nephew whose birthday was this Summer (not the best time to gift a wool hat, maybe?)

(They still get money and candy, lol)

15 Likes

I love your hats so much! They are just the right amount of chunky. And I totally relate to having niblings of an age where it’s “best” to give money or gift cards. I usually have to add just a little something else, too.

2 Likes

Oh I love the one with the opening on the top :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you! I love chunky hats.

I sort of copied a pattern I saw on Ravelry… It looks similar, but the ribbing is done in a different direction that makes the construction easier than the original. That, and I had to compensate for using chunky yarn.

That yarn looks so smoooooooshy!!! :star_struck:

1 Like

these look so comfy and cozy.

2 Likes

These are so amazing and honestly, they’ll never know just how awesome and how much work went into each and every single one of these. That teal aqua color is GORGEOUS!

1 Like

So cute. Such gorgeous yarn.

1 Like

Thank you! I did tell them that I spun, dyed (the turquoise, anyway) and crocheted the yarn. But, yeah, they probably don’t know quite how much work it is.

The color is Wilton’s - a lot of sky blue and a bit of leaf green, kettle dyed to get some variation in color.

2 Likes