Birthday invites - because I don't think things through

I have a huge paper stash and hate handwriting. So I thought Hmm use the Cricut and make the kids birthday party invitations…this will be awesome!!!

I hunted and pecked and found a gender neutral invite to make as they are b/g twins and we don’t really theme our parties. Found one, gathered all the paper without spending more and went to town

Yeah totally didn’t think I’d have to glue back in the O, R and D cut outs!!! Also, in full with glue, tape, paper etc these are the most expensive little kids bday party invites LOL I really don’t think these things through when I get a wild ideal!

Each card is lined and has sprinkle cut outs

But yeah didn’t think about this whole situation

23 Likes

They are super cute, though!

1 Like

Well, they’re adorable right down to the sprinkles cut from the envelope flap!

1 Like

heh, yeah, I generally do b-day card invites as a half-page flyer that I can just print out. But these are very cute!

1 Like

Didn’t think it through? the story of my life!
cute cards! how many did you make?

2 Likes

They’re super cute! I love the extra little details like the cut out sprinkles!

1 Like

Why buy something for $1 when you can spend $15 on supplies and 5 hours of your life making it? LOL! Story of MY life! These are truly adorable and worth the effort though.

7 Likes

20 of them! Also with how the cut file was it was hours moving things from one canvas to another before cutting so I could maximize the paper I had. The inserts for the card were diagonal on the file so wanted to print each one, individually on 12x12 paper. So I moved them about so I could get 2 inserts and an icing on one page. In full I cut out about 35 pieces of 12x12 the original cut file would have called for.

2 Likes

They really are adorable.

1 Like

The ones that take the most work sometimes are the most beautiful!

2 Likes

Off to school they went so they can hand them out! They didn’t get a birthday party last year due to Covid so they are super excited…except Sam who still believes he won’t be able to do anything he goes “I suppose I’ll stay home and you can all have fun and just bring stuff home to me” in his little Eyore my life is ruined voice! He will be 7 weeks post breaking his fingers so while bounce houses may be out he can roller skate and enjoy the fun!

Those ate just the cutest!

1 Like

:two_hearts: Your magnificent project is one of this week’s Featured Projects!

1 Like

These kick butt!