Black Cat Mixed Media

I made this black cat mixed media for whatthepuck in the Little good things swap.

It is a 6x8 canvas. I made the background with metallic pigment markers over acrylic. The cat was drawn on paper with alcohol ink markers and attached with gloss gel medium.

Sorry for the glare on the pic this was the first time I used gloss gel and I was unable to find a way to photograph it without a glare.

Close up shot of a few details

17 Likes

This piece is fab!! I love your colour scheme and all the pattern detail :smiley_cat:

I know what you mean about gloss varnishes and mediums. They make it so hard to photograph, but make the finished piece so much more polished in real life.

2 Likes

I really like the contrast of the kitty with the background.

2 Likes

So many little details, it looks fantastic.

2 Likes

I like the mix of the prints! Nice kitty…

2 Likes

Such an intricate design, and I love the cat. You can see the cattitude in its posture and tail curl.

1 Like

The patterns work so well with each other! Great work!

1 Like

This is really cool. I’m glad I read more about it because at first glance I thought it was applique on fabric. Nice work!

1 Like

This is pretty, I love the use of colours and and markings.

1 Like

I love all the patterns, and the color scheme! Nice piece!

1 Like

Cute! I like that you did a pattern on the cat instead of just going with black :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you all for the wonderful comments!

Oh, cool! I like all the patterns, thanks for including a close up to best show that off :blush:

1 Like