Bumblebutts

I finally completed one of my design goals. I designed a 15-pattern fabric collection. I don’t know how well it will appeal to other people, but I am in love with it.

The design inspiration was built around two vintage fabrics I’ve come across in the wild, and the color palette was drawn from a photograph of Nebraska deep summer roadside wildflowers.

20 Likes

Very pretty colors and fabrics! Why “Bumblebutts”?

Because of the bees. Lol I am not good at naming things. I am too silly.

3 Likes

No, I’m silly! I totally missed seeing most of the bees until I went back and enlarged the picture. It’s so cool how you turned the bees into half-circle stripes!

3 Likes

This is one of the coolest things I’ve ever seen!

1 Like

I’ve watched your progress on FB and am so excited that you now them available on Spoonflower!

I love the colors and can’t wait to make things out of your collection! They have a nice vintage feel, and yet are also so modern! I like the name as well…great job!! Congrats!

3 Likes

Aww, thank you both so much!

1 Like

lol I need more fabric like a hole in the head, but I just couldn’t resist knowing that my friend designed these!

3 Likes

How cool that you actually designed your own collection, that you now get to sew with! That’s so special. I love the vintage vibe, and the bees of course.

2 Likes

How cool is this? Heck, how cool are you? VERY! These are really nice!

2 Likes

wow, I like them all! very nice work

1 Like

This is a great collection. So cool that you designed it and now you can make stuff with it.

1 Like

This is AMAZING! I love the little bees! How exciting! I have some daughters who would love things made from these fabrics….

1 Like

This is such a great collection! Congrats. And where/when is it available?

2 Likes

Thanks so much, everyone! I’m so excited.

@Smmarrt It’s available now, on Spoonflower. :smiley: Ultimately, I’d like to submit work to “real” fabric companies, but I wanted to see if I could do it first, so I did the fabric version of self-publishing.

4 Likes

:cowboy_hat_face: Yeehaw! Your amazing craft is a Featured Project this week! :horse:

3 Likes

So excited! Just got a notice that my fabrics were shipped! Since Spoonflower is in my state, it should get here in a day or so!

Now to decide what to make first!

4 Likes

The first of many projects made with your fabrics…Magic Bag made with Bumblebutts

3 Likes