Butterfly mug rug

This is a mug rug I made for my sister.

I used paper backed fusible webbing to cut out the simplified butterfly shapes from tiny scraps, then arranged them on the background fabric, ironed into place and stitched down. I used another leftover for the binding, which was a little short, so I made a feature of it with a contrast patch. It was a good way to make use of tiny pretty scraps, and my sister liked it too :butterfly:

26 Likes

This is beautiful! I love those colorful butterflies, and especially the contrast patch in the binding. :slight_smile: I am so happy to see such a great use for scraps!!

1 Like

Each little butterfly is so perfectly imperfectly placed. :heart_eyes: Beautiful way to use scraps!

1 Like

Another gorgeous scrappy project. Love the random placement of the wee butterflies. Your stitching is perfect!

1 Like

I love this. I really like the contrast patch in the binding.

1 Like

Isn’t this just as cute as can be?!

1 Like

How pretty! And such a great way to use tiny, lovely scraps. The butterflies are beautiful, but I think my favorite feature is that little contrast bit in the binding.

1 Like

I never know what to do with fabric scraps, and this is an idea I might have to steal. It’s just lovely!

1 Like

That is so pretty! I bet your sister loves it.

1 Like

Beautiful. The contrast of the background with the butterflies and the little strip to finish the binding all make your mug rug stand out. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Every bit of this is delightful!

1 Like

That is such a pretty and cute mug rug!
Fusible webbing is so easy for these projects, isn’t it?

I use the mug rug @CraftyMamaBee made me all the time, I love mug rugs!

Great work!!

1 Like

Excellent fabric choices - I love the contrast. Simple and so beautiful!

1 Like

Thanks everyone :butterfly:

It IS easy using the fusible webbing, and you can get great results.

Speaking of appliqué, I still have and use my lovely fishy placemats you made me! :fish:

1 Like

Oh yes, haha I remember those! For the IYP, right? You made me beautiful fish cards (I still have a few, too pretty to give away :joy: ) and you knitted two wonderful hats! I love them and wear them proudly and think of you when I do so! :+1:t2:

I like to use the fusible webbing too, it is makes it also so much easier to cut a small piece.

1 Like

Ahhh I love everything about this project! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Everything about this is beautiful. I love it.

1 Like

What a lovely way to use the tiniest amount of your most precious scraps! Well done. :blush:

1 Like

This is fabulous! My favorite thing is that little patch of contrast fabric. You’ve proven there is always a way to use everything up AND have the project be exceptionally beautiful.

1 Like

That is so pretty, and using scraps for it is clever :smiley: Great job, hope she loves it

1 Like