Cable Toque

I set out to crochet myself a toque, not really having a plan, other than wanting a ribbed band. I achieved that with alternating front and back post double crochets. I was visiting with my neighbour, who is becoming a good friend, and she suggested I make the top with cables. She’s a knitter but knew you can crochet them, too, so I googled crochet cables and found a pattern I could understand (the first one I tried was a disaster)

Flat …

Pattern for toque top Here

Yarn … Manarola, colour geranium (purchased from Hobbii)

21 Likes

I saw “toque” in the title and knew the author was a Canadian! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I love cables, and your colors are beautiful! Perfect for cheering up a dismal winter day!

2 Likes

I debated using that term but it’s what we call them :smiley::canada:

1 Like

That turned out super, the colours are very yummy. I like how the post stitches resemble a smaller cable, cool how it turned out like that!

Toque! I love our Franglaise verbiage, it’s so much fun :smile:

1 Like

I grew up in northern Alberta so it’s a familiar word. I have an entire vocabulary that my American children don’t understand… :grin:

2 Likes

Gorgeous hat!
I’m from California, but I knew a toque was a hat, at least.

1 Like

It’s beautiful!

1 Like

Love those colors…and I see you are happy with Hobbi yarns…I keep getting notices from them and just have not caved yet…but I want to make another shawl…

The cables are my favorite part of this hat!

1 Like

Awesome job! The colors are dynamic, and the pattern came out great.

1 Like

I love the yarn and the cables look great. I’m going to try something with this stitch, really looks neat.

1 Like

Very happy with anything I’ve used from them. This yarn is called a premium acrylic and is super soft.

2 Likes

It’s lovely! Quite often intricate patterns look best with a plain yarn instead of a variegated yarn, but in this case the yarn and the pattern are a great match! It looks very warm.

1 Like

That’s gorgeous! Who knew you could crochet cables?

1 Like

gorgeous yarn and toque!! i keep having the yarn show up in my pinterest feed…so tempting…even more so now that i see that great hat!!

1 Like

I love the cables! Your hat is gorgeous.

2 Likes

Beautiful. The yarn definitely makes the stitches stand out.

1 Like

I was concerned about using this yarn for cables but each colour section is long so it came out striped rather than variegated.

2 Likes

It came out beautiful and looks so toasty, stay warm out there.

1 Like