Cancer support blanket

I made a lap blanket for my aunt, who is fighting cancer.

The pattern is on Ravelry by Peach.Unicorn

20 Likes

How lovely!!!

1 Like

What a comforting and encouraging gift, I’m sure it will be well used and much appreciated. And if your aunt knows the yarny ways she’ll appreciate the work and time put in as well.

1 Like

This is beautiful!

1 Like

Inspiring. I’m sure this will impart comfort and strength to your aunt. :heart:

1 Like

What a thoughtful gift! You did a beautiful job!

1 Like

What a sweet and comforting handmade gift for your aunt. I hope she heals quickly.

1 Like

Amazing. It is a beautiful reminder to be strong and that people love and care about her.

2 Likes

Beautiful! And I love that the blanket itself can be just a nice piece to have around the house without being seen as only cancer related. I had a friend who fought breast cancer who was so annoyed with all the pink ribbon things she received, when what she really wanted was support. This is such a wonderfully supportive project.

1 Like

I love this! It is so thoughtful and inspiring.

1 Like

Thank you. I have a friend with breast cancer who really dislikes the pink cancer stuff too.

According to this pattern, you’re supposed to attach ribbons in your specific cancer color to the three blank squares, but I really like it as it is. And it’s more washable without them. I don’t think orange ribbons would look very nice on it.

2 Likes