Ceramic Cawing Raven

WOW! This is amazing! Since we moved to Western Montana we see ravens quite a bit and I still can not get over just how BIG they are. This seems life-sized. :laughing:

1 Like

Right? I traveled to Colorado when I was young and saw several in a parking lot and could not look away. They rivaled a small dog. lol

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

It didn’t end up being quite as challenging as I’d thought it might be. I am certainly motivated to try more.

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Now there’s an idea! :smile:

Na, he’s generally pretty pessimistic. It is his favorite piece of mine so far though. He has a hard time imagining projects at the start but is happen to love it when it is finished. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And to everyone who gave kudos… thank you. I live in a bit of a creative bubble so it is healthy for me to share some of these moments with others. Thank you for being here. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Get outta town, this is stupendous!

Exactly. We live in the woods and they fly over you it sounds like the giant eagles flying sound effect from Lord of the Rings!

1 Like

YEEEEESSSSSSS!!

Editing to add more because LC has second-guessed that response and won’t let me post it on its own, but I’d like to assure LC that I really wanted just to say YEEEEESSSSSSS!

2 Likes

Incredible. I love how you are trying new things and crushing it. You’re an inspiration.

1 Like

Awwww :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Wow, he’s amazing!! So cool!!

Congrats! Your Raven is one of this week’s featured projects.

3 Likes

Looks so real. This is fab!

1 Like

I love all the detail you put into this!

1 Like

This is absolutely marvelous! Your detailing is fantastic. Thanks for sharing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

It looks great!

1 Like

Can I just say that the pidgeon next to it looks super cute!!
The raven is really cool too but that pidgeon is adorable!

What kind of clay did you use? ‘Real’ clay or air drying clay?

Quoth the Raven - this is awesome! I love the details! :heart: Amazing job.

1 Like

This is AMAZING! We have the giant ravens up here in northern Canada and they are fascinating creatures.

1 Like

Wow! I’m amazed how detailed you made the raven. I think it is a bit creepy, but I feel that way about ravens haha so that is a compliment!

Great work Candice! :metal:t3:

1 Like

This is crazy amazing. I would love to have such a guy on the wall above my heirloom couch. It seems like a fitting place!

Hope you do more and realize more crazy ideas like this <3

1 Like