COMPLETED - Choose your own adventure kitchen swap! closed - sendouts 27 may 2022

Home now, and shopping my stash!

2 Likes

I started on my package for Mel and itā€™s going well so far! Iā€™m hoping to get some time this week to finish up and get it sent!

1 Like

its slow going on The Thing for @Annchenā€¦liking how its looking thoughā€¦

two weeks to send outs -check in and tell us how all yā€™all are doing!!

if i cant get a decent chunk of this ā€œmediumā€ for @Annchen by this weekend, iā€™m prob going to pull the plug and start again on something elseā€¦but we shall seeā€¦iā€™m having faith.

2 Likes

Keep the faith!

I finished an itemā€¦ and hate it because it turned out wonky (I was playing yarn chicken at the end and worked it much tighter on that end than on the other.) I got the supplies to do something else that Iā€™m excited about, but Iā€™m not sure itā€™s really a medium. Sounds like it will be super fast to do. So I may need to do another item thatā€™s also super fast. (Is that okay, @geekgirl?)

2 Likes

Absolutely!

2 Likes

ā€œmediumā€ is such an ambiguous term in my crafty swapping worldā€¦ha.

3 Likes

Yay! So I plan to send out two projects that hopefully together make a medium.
:+1:

1 Like

Iā€™ll do that too. First thing turned out nice but itā€™s not a medium.

2 Likes

Successful stash shopping today! I donā€™t know if ā€winging itā€ is the best way to make a __________, but thatā€™s what Iā€™m doing.

4 Likes

I have half of mine done! Iā€™m still working away!

2 Likes

howā€™s it going? sendouts are just under a week away!!

iā€™m slooooooooooooooowly getting through the thing that has been giving me grief, but iā€™m happy to say that i SHOULD be done that thing by the end of the weekend, unless i just sit and work on it todayā€¦we shall see how that goes!!!

1 Like

Think Iā€™m still on track to send out on time. Iā€™ve been sick (non-COVID but still miserable) and have been holding off on touching things, but everything is all gathered and set up and should be speedy. Excited about what Iā€™m making!

3 Likes

I just sent today on my lunch! I was talking to the postal person at the counter when she was typing in the address for the customs form and told her what I was sending and why. She actually told me that she doesnā€™t have one of the things in the package and always uses something else. The post office is right next to my new work and I might make her one of the ā€œthingsā€ and give it to her next time I go in. She seemed really impressed and said she doesnā€™t know anyone who does crafts and asked if I had a store. I told her no. Sheā€™s been working the past three times Iā€™ve went, so thereā€™s a good chance sheā€™ll be there the next time I go. Is it illegal to give a gift to a postal worker? Is that like a bribe? :wink:

6 Likes

Iā€™m making a book for one of the ladies at the liquor store, lol!

3 Likes

Today is a national holiday and tomorrow is a ā€freebieā€ day off where I work. Plenty of time to mail a package! Iā€™ve done less crafting than planned today because I feel wrung out after the three days of work this week.

Thing 1 have been finished for a while. Looking good!

Thing 2 is close to being finished. Itā€™s a bit wonky due to some design elements being modified along the way. I had a planā€¦ The plan wasnā€™t great so I modified it to work better. It would look even better if I rip back and change a thing or two, but itā€™ll have to do. Iā€™ve worked both backwards and forwards on this thing, and time wise it does not make sense to rip back so much. It is functionaland one of a kind at leastā€¦ I have an idea that will fix a part thatā€™s annoying me, so that might help.

Thing 3. Trying to decide if this would be a good thing to send or not.

3 Likes

LOL pretty sure it would be ok in this case :smiley:
I always enjoy bantering with the postal clerks in my small-town PO ā€“ they are so nice & know me by name, which feels so warm & friendly after moving from a large town where the PO workers were almost always in a bad mood

1 Like

tomorrow is the day to get these beasts in the mail!!! if you are going to be late, please let me know!!

and since we have a sender, we also have a gallery!!!

1 Like

I should be able to send out today. I finished up last night as my original plan turned out wonky.

2 Likes

I sent today! Hope you like it, @geekgirl!

My first (failed) thing was wonky, tooā€¦Maybe Iā€™ll go take a pic of it for the ā€œcraft disastersā€ thread!