81 days until Christmas!

That’s like 8 weeks until December 1st!

6 Likes

Ack! I need to get BUSY!

2 Likes

Lol of course there are 69 days left when I click that link :smile:

4 Likes

You cheeky thing, you.

I’m almost finished with Christmas sock 2 of 6… we’ll see what happens with that. Haha

2 Likes

Just 2 DAYS more for everyone to enter their own cool project into the Craft The Equinox Challenge!

2 Likes

:sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon::sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon::sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny:

It’s time to vote in the All Things Being Equal - A Craft The Equinox 2022 Challenge! The poll is live through Oct 27! Choose carefully, friends!

:sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon::sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon::sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny: :crescent_moon: :white_check_mark: :crescent_moon: :sunny:

1 Like

Nothing to see here, folks, just me not knitting my Christmas socks. again. lol

Anyone actually getting stuff done? I need some vicarious successes haha

6 Likes

I am sitting here. That is all.

3 Likes

I am trying to keep busy but I think the time change is whipping my butt…I totally forgot tomorrow was Veteran’s Day and banks are closed, so my employees won’t get paid until Monday! I was making a Hello Fresh dinner tonight and realized they had sent rice instead or orzo so I had to improvise. Then, I got a tummy ache from something I ate, probably the ricotta cheese in the dinner.

I might just take a bath and go to bed…regroup tomomorrow…oh, and my main credit card is expired and I forgot to change the expiration date for all of my political contributions and charities so I have to resend them all tomorrow! UGH! Bedtime…

5 Likes

that sounds like bedtime is the best time.
I just woke up on the couch under my latest wip. I’m off to bed, too.

3 Likes

I have about three crochet Things (as all in-progress projects must now be referred to) currently actively in progress and I feel a bit like I need a crochet time out. But my craft space is not conducive to being able to sew a project (I can sew, but there’s no room for the ironing board and iron…) so I am quickly feeling overwhelmed by by the Things I want to make and the time I have left.

So no. I am not actually getting stuff done.

4 Likes

I too am getting nothing done lol. I’ve been in organizing mode since the influx of stuff that is bday gifts came into the house. Capitalizing on that energy while I have it!

I’m really hoping to finally start Xmas crafting this weekend. :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

What do we have, like 40 days? We can dooooo it!*

*“It” to be determined. Could be marathon crafting, could be drinking hot beverages while whittling that craft-worthy list down to 2, haha, we’ll see!

3 Likes

I am going to make a new list…it helps me to focus and it is spurs me on to cross stuff off. I really don’t have all that much to make even though I have a lot to do…maybe I can get some of the other stuff done so I can relax and craft more…I think just being overwhelmed stops me in my tracks sometimes…ok…off to take a shower and restart my negative day with a positive one!

Yay, @antbee for spurring us on!

4 Likes

I definitely find overwhelm freezes me up and then hours will have gone by and I still have nothing done in any category. I’ve been finding little ways to manage that and so far I’m making some good starts. Good luck!

3 Likes

I’ve finished the three most important things for this year’s Christmas:

• socks for my mum
  • a card for my mum
  • a little ornament for my sewing teacher / friend
6 Likes

That’s great, @Immaculata !

I think you’ve given me a solution as to what to make for the teens in our family…an ornament with a place for money! At least they won’t throw that away after they have spent the money (I hope!)…

4 Likes

Well done, you!
I am neeeeeearly done with sock 2. I cannot think of what to make for my daughter. I’ll plan a pinterest deep dive later to get some ideas. I do want to do some decorations/housey stuff. And I’d love to make a trio of silly gnomes for some friends.
We’ll see, gotta learn to stay up later to make that happen. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m doing this one Linda, but sticking a funny picture on the end of the roll so they can’t tell what they are pulling out! We don’t have ones or twos anymore so it’ll have to be a shorter roll of fives.

3 Likes

That’s cute!!! If you use washi tape, it is even more crafty! lol

3 Likes