Christmas Craftalong

PrincessP, I always try to finish all of my shipping/crafting by Thanksgiving. The weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas are always insane, but this year was considerably worse sure to 'Rona.

(I’m a MS Spanish teacher.)

3 Likes

I finally finished the nativity ornaments. :grin:

10 Likes

Those are very cute!

2 Likes

These are really cute!!

2 Likes

I love the felt nativity!

The main thing I made (well, finished making…I had started it a few months ago) was a Temari ball for my Japanese MIL. It’s similar to one I made for a friend earlier in the year, except it has a jingle bell in the center and no fragrance. It’s the Kiku pattern.

The gift was so much more special because @AIMR had given me a GORGEOUS vintage Japanese screen-printed card to go with it.

Thanks so much, @AIMR!

10 Likes

That’s a gorgeous gift! I bet she loved it!

2 Likes

Such an intricate pattern…just beautiful!

I am sure your MIL loved her thoughtful and personalized theme gifts! So glad you were able to pass on that card…it is beautiful and meant to be with your family!

3 Likes

Everyone did so awesome at accomplishing a hand-made holiday! I did finish my ornaments:

And my cards:

I also made little ring dishes for my mom, grandma, and aunt from air dry clay and hemmed some calendar tea-towels from spoonflower but I did not get my stockings done. I bought solid fleece ones thinking I might embellish but didn’t manage that either. Maybe next year (if I start now!). :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

I like this craft along idea from last year. Ive started on my presents and some decor for this year.

4 Likes

Hey @Abbeeroad :slight_smile: did you pour resin over the ‘berries’ photos?

2 Likes

I did!

3 Likes

I’ve caught the bug :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

That’s impressive! I thought I was starting early last year…

2 Likes

It’s funny, I had just finished a swap project and thought “I should do a little gift/Christmas crafting now while it’s so far off it’ll be fun” and popped on to see I wasn’t the first! haha

I never got my countdown project started for last year so I was thinking I could do a stocking a week or something (28 weeks until Christmas, y’all!) and that would be a leisurely pace allowing for other projects (and house cleaning and feeding the family, unlike Urgent:Gifting Imminent crafting does!)

5 Likes

My family thinks I’m nuts because I’ve been Christmas crafting, but there are so many things I want to do that I have to start early if I want to get them done. Plus, there is so much going on once November gets here that it gets pretty stressful trying to get it all done.

6 Likes

I think it’s never too early to start, especially if you have ideas in mind. I might even write out my gift list and make a start, although I know the 2 big things I’ve got planned already :slight_smile:

6 Likes

According to Siri just now I have 22 weeks until December 1st and I do want to have that countdown calendar made. So tonight I am going to put a project bag together of yarns and hooks/needles so that I can do a little each week.

7 Likes

Cough cough
20 weeks.

5 Likes

@Bajita has gotten started already! I think I should at least go and make some plans too. Seems like 2021 will keep me busy so I need to get started early.

4 Likes

My friends and I are having a Christmas in July crafting day next Saturday. We are gonna listen to Christmas music and work on Christmas crafts. So excited!

8 Likes