Chunky House Halloween Swap for 2022?

Hi! I’d like to organize another year of the chunky house Halloween swap, but I was thinking about starting signups sooner. Send outs could be late September or the first week of October, since USPS seems to be lagging. From what I was looking at the past two years, I’ve had signups open for a week then three weeks crafting time with a send out date being on a Tuesday. Would anyone be interested in the swap being earlier this year? Or would you run into being in too many swaps? Five swaps for the old hats, one for the new peeps. Or would it be too early to be thinking about Halloween? (I’m almost always thinking about it, so my opinion doesn’t count)

Link to Halloween Chunky Houses.

5 Likes

I don’t plan to participate, but like looking at the gallery, so I say go for it!
Late August isn’t too early for Halloween; decorations are already out in the stores. And you can put them up for the whole month of October (or right now, like me).

That is a good point.

I think September would work for me, assuming I can shake off some of my “ugh, why is everything?” when my kid goes back to school next week.

I mean, Christmas tat* is in stores already, so Halloween tat* is definitely game on

*tat might be a negative word to some people as in unnecessary stuff, rubbish or junk. Not sure if this is a very english (british) definition of the word. Just “stuff”
However, I see tat as pretty much unnecessary stuff that can also be positive.

e.g. I told my friends to get rid of as much tat as possible before their move… Then bought them a gift of shiny tat to make their new house look pretty!!

1 Like

I was thinking short for “tattoo” :smile:

@marionberries @goatgoddesss @MissingWillow @artsycandice @RagingSloth @Smmarrt

Thoughts?

That is another definition.

I saw a funny thread on facebook today about learning english, not sure if this link will work, but it’s funny.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: The English language is ridiculous, I would agree. This is especially true when you’re teaching your kid how to read. “Why is it sheep and not sheeps?” Exactly.

1 Like

I am all for it. I don’t have the time but it’s Halloween! The most necessary holiday for the soul (if you have one or not) of the year.

3 Likes

Ugh, right?
I mean, you can have one goose, or three geese.
But if you have one moose, you can’t have three meese. LOL
:laughing: :roll_eyes:

I am fine with whatever timeline. I also think it’s never too early to think about Halloween.

1 Like

It’s NEVER too early to think about Halloween! :laughing:

2 Likes

Sounds like I’ll be starting in September, then. Maybe I’ll start signups the first and run it for two weeks? Or do y’all think one week is long enough and give it more crafting time? Choices.

1 Like

I have the dates set up for it in my offline initial post. Is there anything you can think of that you would like in the Q? Here’s what I have so far…

Name five or more favorite Halloween things or themes

What are your favorite Halloween colors?
Is there anything you would NOT want on your chunky house?
Is there anything you would like to tell your swap partner?
Please copy a link to your Pinterest or relevant example list of your style here. This is a great opportunity to start a Halloween list if you do not already have one. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@irid3sc3nt What is a “chunky house”?

A chunky house is a sturdy piece of craftwork that is 5x7 (I changed dimensions this year from 4 to 5 inches) or smaller and is decorated front and back with your partner’s themes in mind.

I have a Pinterest board with all of the chunkies from past swaps. You may not be able to go to the actual site since most were on cster. This is… I dunno… probably the 12 or 16 round of this swap. I stopped counting and just went by year.

Link to Halloween Chunky Houses.

1 Like

Here is the Chunky House Halloween Edition 2022 swap!

Four more days to sign up for the swap.