CLOSED -50 Projects in 2020

The shawl is so bright and lovely. I’m sure it will be treasured forever! The bandana cowl has such a pretty yarn! Hand-spun :heart:

Oh, the minions weekender bag is awesome!

1 Like

I finished a rainbow mug rug last night, and then made some Valentine’s cookies this morning… I’m on a roll!

12 Likes

I love love love that baby afghan! Beautiful! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I made a couple zip pouches. The first is a hummingbird zipper pouch which was my offering for the Feb stitchalong and the second was a *youre pouch which used up fabric purchased years ago that I’m using as a Nerd Games zap.

8 Likes

@Lynx Lovely pouches! The fabric for the hummingbird looks like bubble-wrap.

Next batch of doll dresses for the list.

Plus another one for my bigger dolls. This is actually a muslin for reworking a pattern I tried last year. It still needs some work but turned out relatively well.

10 Likes

I know you told us in previous years, but how big are these dolls?

@AIMR They’re all sorts of size. The ones above are around 16cm and 45cm .

Thanks…I thought the little ones were about six inches…wow…that is why their dresses are so darned cute!!!

Regarding the Diamond Art/Painting

I have a friend that has done a bunch of them. She said to make sure to leave something heavy (books, heavy framed print with maybe more books?) atop it following completion to help the crystals adhere well.

I also ordered myself a diamond painting ruler online. Another friend said she could’ve used it because some of her lines weren’t straight. I bought myself a partial kit at the first of December, with Santa, and haven’t started on it yet. Of course then later saw them for 80% off. :woman_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

Ooh, @wereradletshug do you have a picture of your fussy cut sampler? I’d love to see it (sorry if you posted it further down in this thread, I’m still at the very top reading through everything)!

@AudiobookLover I’ll be photographing it today, so I’ll be sure to tag you when I post it here as well as the post link :slight_smile:

1 Like

Finished a dress. Not sure if I’m digging the cut and drape on me, but that is not the fault of the pattern. I knew what it would look like; I just forget that the cut doesn’t always look so good on me. Anyhow, I’ll still wear it just maybe not to work.

12 Likes

I think it would make for a nice underpiece, maybe under a cool little cardigan or jacket or a loose blouse over it…what fabric did you use?

3 Likes

Apologies for another project dump of doll dresses. They’re quick and easy stashbusters and are a great holding pattern until I figure out what other project I want to tackle next.

I’m counting batches of three in the same size as a “project” so these are a mix of some I finished last month and a few that snuck in with the February thing-a-day challenge.
First up we have a set for my 27cm crew:

And then some for the 30cm doll,

And finally a representative sample of the 5 dresses I made using some cute vintage fabric from my great-aunt’s stash that have all gone on to new homes. I am in love with how they turned out.

That’s all for now! More later, hopefully with a bit more variety in projects not just fabric.

12 Likes

Oh good idea, I should throw a jacket on it and see if that helps. It’s a textured jersey material.

You can it better in this image.

6 Likes

Haven’t really completed my own project. But I did help my mom with a project of hers. I helped finish this table runner top last night. And then I quilted it today. But never took a picture. It was just stitch in the ditch anyway so nothing amazing.

12 Likes

That color scheme is always a winner! Pretty fabrics and design…

1 Like

I love that table runner! It’s got that happy, scrappy style that makes it look like a well loved heirloom that’s been around for years and years. And really, how can you go wrong with a good stitch in the ditch?

1 Like

Thank you guys!! Mom did a lot of the really hard work. And y’all haven’t seen my stitch in the ditch XD I tend to miss the ditch a lot.

3 Likes

How much fabric do you need for one of these dresses? I have seen you mention stash busting and scrap busting.