COMPLETED - Box of Whimsies Miniatures S/U April 12-21 S/O May 10

I went to the creative reuse store yesterday and picked up a few boxes and some goodies to put inside.

Still working on the decoration part - trying to use what I have and not go spend $20 on xxx just to cover a small box, you know what I mean?

6 Likes

I was working on my box of whimsies yesterday and my sweet little girl decided to make some miniatures to go with my theme! It made my heart so happy. :heartbeat:

3 Likes

I am still plotting while working. Little intimidating as one of my partners is IMO a miniature master!!! Its so fun though to look through everything and plan out…sorry to both partners if I lack a concrete theme over all I just have issues deciding :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I want something that’s fun to look at; something that feels accumulated over time is fun. Overall theme isn’t that important.

My houseguests are leaving today, or maybe not (they fly standby).
We’ve been to the Gem Show, a thrift store, the dollar store, and on a hike, finding possible inclusions at each.
I hope to get to start sifting through stash soon, so I can figure out what HAS to go in the box. If things go as usual, I’ll have enough goodies to fill three or six boxes, and will have to make some hard choices. What fun!

4 Likes

I love searching for miniature goodies at a gem show. Haven’t been in ages.

3 Likes

We have a sender already!! :astonished::bangbang:

You can see the gallery here:

1 Like

Still working on @MissingWillow‘s miniature item. I’ve asked myself more than once what I was smoking when I came up with this idea. But I’m too far in to change course. :wink: In for a penny, in for a pound! I think it will be great, but it’s verrrry fiddly.

2 Likes

Very fiddly can be tough! I’m still working on yours. Added a few details this afternoon.

1 Like

Went thrifting today to look for goodies… spent $20 on myself and found nothing for the box. Rip :rofl:

I have to go pick up some things in the next town over on Thursday so I’m planning to hit up all their thrift stores while I’m there.

1 Like

I don’t think anything I bought for the box is going to wind up in the box; it’s all too big!

My partner’s Pinterest has tons of exciting ideas, but I don’t have anything like that, and I don’t know where or if I could buy it. I bet I could make something similar…
Her pins include directions for creating SVG files from photos, so I really HAVE to do some CAD stuff, right?

1 Like

I’m working on the FOURTH version of my miniature item. It looks better with each revamp.

I’m feeling rather insecure about this swap. Do I really understand what it’s supposed to be? People talk about themes, there’s supposed to be a theme? Aaaack, my lack of self confidence makes me doubt every choice!

1 Like

Use this theme… “things my partner may like”. :grin:

6 Likes

Oooh, thank you!

2 Likes

@artsycandice hit the nail on the head!

2 Likes

cough I still need to dig up a box.

3 Likes

Ok! I just shipped to Smmarrt!

3 Likes

Still working. My granddaughter is having a sleepover tonight and my MIL will be here on Monday, for at least a week. My crafting time is getting short! :astonished:

1 Like

:raised_hands: Shopping trip yesterday was much more successful than the previous one. Found the perfect box, it’s a bit too big but I think it really suits so I’m gonna go with it.

5 Likes

hopefully not insecure about me!!! I am not a miniature expert by any means I just dip my toe into different things!

Still plotting and some work has begun here…I really need the weekend to kick this into high gear!

2 Likes

My crafting turned into something completely different than I originally planned, but I’m pretty happy with it so far. This swap has pushed me to try completely new things. I have always been intimidated by miniature crafting. It is nice to be pushed beyond my comfort zone. I also found a unique box that I’m pretty excited about.

2 Likes