COMPLETED: Fabric Art Journal Page Swap Nov. 2020

Fabric Art Journal Page - What is that exactly?
You make an art journal page in the theme and size your partner requests for her to add to a new or existing fabric art journal. Part mug rug, part art quilt, part hoop-less hoopla - there are many directions to go. In the past swaps on the other site, folks quilted, embroidered, painted, and mixed-media-ed the pages. There were buttons, and pockets, and all kinds of found objects, and [I’ll insert some pics as soon as I locate them].

You can make a fabric journal structure before with the idea of attaching the the pages made for you into the book. Or you can collect pages and decide how you will bind them after.

You can choose 1 or 2 partners. Let have fun!

Swap questionnaire - PLEASE include your LC name in the title of your PM.
Example - Fabric Art Journal Page Swap - Smmarrt Q

Swap name: Fabric Art Journal Page Swap - Nov. 2020
Lettuce Craft member who is organizing this swap: Smmarrt
Sign-up date range: October 18 - October 28, 2020
Send out Date: November 30, 2020
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional) 25

LettuceCraft Name:
Your real name:
Your email address:
Mailing address including the country:

Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 18 years old: (YES/NO)

How many partners? 1 or 2
Preferred size of page/s
Do you want double sided or single sided pages?
Any idea of how you will bind this or add pages to your existing book?
List themes for your page/s

Do you want to send extras?
Do you want to receive extras?
Favorite colors:
Least favorite?
Any allergies?
Any allergens in your home?
Anything on your No Fly list (natural elements, leather, other)
Links to Pinterest or other:

Anything else you want to share about this swap or your preferences?

[I may have forgotten some questions - let me know if there is something you’d like me to add,]

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No
If so, which country?

Additional Age requirement? Lettuce Craft rules - 18 and older

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:

Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:

Has been a member for at least one month: YES/NO
Has posted at least 15 times: YES/NO
Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES/NO
Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES/NO
Does not have any negative feedback: YES/NO

Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES/NO

Has posted a comment in this thread and will check regularly for swap updates YES/NO
If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES/NO
If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES/NO

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

4 Likes

Fabric Art Journal Page Swap - Participants

1. @Smmarrt
  2. @marionberries
  3. @Abbeeroad
  4. @artsycandice
  5. @thanate
  6. @susieoregon

Found some photos on Flickr.

Imgur

Imgur

I think one book I started is all about birds and the other is crafts/crafting. I need to find it because previous Lettuce heads made me some amazing pages.

And if I can figure out how to navigate the Web Archive site, I can maybe find some more pics.

1 Like

One more that was made for me:

Imgur

1 Like

And one that I made:https://www.flickr.com/photos/22188126@N05/11788146396/in/datetaken-public/

1 Like

Yes!!! I think I have one spot left for this. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I will be signing up. I just have to work on my questionnaire because I don’t have an existing fabric page collection so I need to make some decisions about my requirements.

1 Like

Me, too, unless I can find earlier projects.
There are some great tutorials on YouTube.

I may just make blank canvas, muslin, or denim pages…

ooh, tempting! I also would have to put some thought into size and suchlike…

1 Like

This looks fun, but a little out of my comfort zone. I journal almost daily, but have never done something like this. Seriously considering though…

2 Likes

I made the last two bird pages in our swap @Smmarrt! Wow…funny how things come back to haunt you…lol… 2013? wow…guess it is time to do another…

Hey…if not many people join this, maybe we could do two partners or two pieces?

Yes, I think this will be a small group due to holidays…we can always go to private swapping if that happens.

I sent in my Q! :slight_smile:

Okay, I sent in my Q!

1 Like

Ok, I’m in.

1 Like

Ugh. I may be over-thinking this but I may need to change my page size. I forgot that a couple of years ago I did start some fabric pages as a private swap with someone. I’d make one for her, then a similar one for myself. I have several now. I will measure them when I get home and take pictures to share with you fine folk for inspiration.

1 Like

Double-ugh. Apparently I put them into a box and have promptly lost them. lol (I have a LOT of boxes of studio stuff). I may have a hoarding issue with arts and crafts things. :grin:

1 Like

LOL! No worries. I think you have some kindred spirits here. :wink:

2 Likes

I hope you decide to join! One of the things I love most about swaps is pushing me out of my comfort zone.

1 Like

I would love for you join. But of course, don’t feel pressured. :slight_smile:Can I ask what part is out of your comfort zone? I love your yarn work. You know… you could crochet the page and stitch elements to it. :wink: No pressure, no pressure… :grin:

2 Likes