Hooray! It’s time for a magnet swap!
MagnetSwap

Swap name: Fridge Magnet Swap Round 1
Lettuce Craft member who is organizing this swap: roler
Sign-up date range: July 30 - Aug 10
Send out Date: August 31st
Limited to a certain number of people? no
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? no

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:

• Has been a member for at least one month
  • Has posted at least 15 times
  • Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time
  • Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps
  • Does not have any negative feedback
  • Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old
  • If within the US, understands that a Tracking number is required for this swap
  • If sending internationally, understands that a shipping receipt with address must be captured

Swap Details:
This will be a swap for five fridge magnets, at least three of which must be crafted. It’s fine to include purchased ones for the other two if you like. Magnets can be made of any medium: clay, fabric, wood, metal, resin, yarn… whatever works! No extras, please, just the five magnets, to keep this small and simple!

Here are some links to previous magnet swap galleries on the old site:

Round 1

Round 2

I am optimistically naming this swap “Round 1” in the hopes that there will be more fridge magnet swaps on Lettuce Craft in the future as well! :slight_smile:

When sending Questionnaire, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR USERNAME IN THE TITLE of your message.

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Fridge Magnet Swap Round 1
LettuceCraft username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old: (YES/NO)

In what mediums can you make magnets (felting, embroidery, clay, etc)?:
What mediums would you prefer to receive?:
What themes can your partner use for information? Examples can include animals, pop culture references, favorite countries to visit, or really just about anything!! (Please give at least 5 options, but feel free to list as many as you want)
Are there any types of things that you would NOT like to receive?
What are your favorite colors and/or aesthetics?

Are there any colors, themes, styles, or materials etc. that you dislike?
Do you have any allergies?
Do you have any allergens in your home?
Do you have a Pinterest you’d like to share to show your taste?

Anything else you want your partner or the organizer to know?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Partners:

@lifeinpigtails <–> @Annchen
@Fonduie@Camelama@crafty-becky → Fonduie
@geekgirl <–> @AuFish
@roler <–> @EriChanHime
@endymion <–> @Lynx

9 Likes

I need more magnets in my collection!

5 Likes

YES! Voted or and have been eagerly awaiting this one. I love magnets. When I KonMari’d my house and was trying to not just buy a bunch of decorative stuff, I realized that one of the things that really brought me joy was looking at my fridge with lots of fun magnets from different places and people. Some bought, some crafted, some gifted, some me-made. Looking forward to adding more! :heart: They are also super fun to make, and I love the idea of a small, quick, no-extras, magnet-y goodness swap!

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m currently staying with my parents for the duration of the pandemic, and I’ve put my entire magnet collection on their fridge. It is very cluttered and they laugh at me, but it honestly brings me a lot of joy!! Each little piece of art has its own story and memories behind it. :slight_smile: Can’t wait to add more! XD

3 Likes

Can’t wait to make some little magnets!

3 Likes

YAY YAY YAY I have been waiting for this one!!

4 Likes

This is one of my favourites! I’m working on the questionaire.

2 Likes

I love me some magnets. Signed up!

3 Likes

Woo hoo… just sent in my Q! :smiley:

3 Likes

Just added several more people to the swap! Welcome, everyone! Please let me know if you’ve sent me your Q but I haven’t added you to the top post.

5 Likes

Sent in my Q. I can’t wait!

4 Likes

There, finally sent the PM.

5 Likes

Hi there! I don’t have a Q from you yet; are you still planning to join? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just added two more people to the swap! XD

3 Likes

I did! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I just sent it in; had to wait for work to end to add a few things to it, but I can’t wait! Thanks for the reminder. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hooray! You’re in! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Having trouble waiting for partners… so excited!

4 Likes

I will probably close sign-ups sometime around 8pm Pacific Time tomorrow, and I’ll try to have partners assigned and Qs sent by the time I go to bed on Tuesday, so you don’t have much longer to wait!

6 Likes

Awesome! I might have time to buy a souvenir magnet from here then, if it fits my partners tastes. I’m vacationing with my husbands family. Mostly staying at their place, but I think I could venture out to find something fun…

2 Likes

My mind is playing the possibilities game. I so excited to get to play with magnets and crafting for someone!

2 Likes