COMPLETED - Go Bananas Swap (Sendouts Extended till 5/16)

:banana: :banana: :banana: GALLERY! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Notes: The send date for this swap could be extended, based on the unfolding of the Coronavirus epidemic. We will keep this possibility open as the situation develops.

The original proposed requirement of purchased extras for this swap are now optional, for those who cannot pick up these extras by shopping online.

Finally, I am suggesting that everyone think about what they can make for their partner, with items that exist already in your own craft stashes. Flex your creative muscles by trying to create something beautiful from supplies that are already on hand.

:banana: SWAP DETAILS :banana:

• Swap name: :banana::banana::banana: Go Bananas Swap :banana::banana::banana:
  • Lettuce Craft member who is organizing this swap: @MistressJennie
  • Sign-up date range: 3/23/20-4/6/2020
  • Date to send item by: 5/11/2020 extended till 5/16/20
  • Limited to a certain number of people? 40
  • Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
  • Age requirement? 16

:banana: ORGANIZER REQUIREMENTS :banana:

• Has organized a previous swap on old site: YES
  • Is at least 18 years old: YES
  • Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
  • Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
  • Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
  • Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
  • Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:

Has been a member for at least one month: YES
Has posted at least 15 times: YES
Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
Does not have any negative feedback: YES
Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
Has posted a comment in this thread and will check regularly for swap updates YES
If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

:banana: PARTICIPANT REQUIREMENTS :banana:

• New swappers or those with “less than perfect” swap records are currently not signed up for any other swaps.
  • Previous swappers from old site are not currently signed up for more than two other swaps.
  • Participant is at least 16 years old.
  • Has posted a comment in this thread and will check regularly for swap updates YES/NO
  • If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap.
  • If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap.
  • Participant must post in this swap thread at least once before signing up.

:banana: SWAP OVERVIEW :banana:

• Either 1 Large crafted item OR 3 Small-to-Medium crafted items. You are free to choose between these options. It is highly encouraged that you talk to you partner about your preferences and choices. Either way, you should consider this a chance to ‘go bananas’ crafting something really lovely for them.
    OPTIONAL: The second requirement for this swap was going to be 2 purchased small extras, based on your partners likes. Considering the current situation with the Coronavirus, I am making this portion optional. Some people might be able to order extras, while others might not have that luxury. I will allow people to send an extra from their own stash, provided it is a new/unused item, that they think their partner would like or appreciate. There will be a question below about whether you wish to do the extras portion of this swap, and I will attempt to partner accordingly.
  • You must send a private message to the organizer, @MistressJennie and your assigned partner, when you send your package and when you receive your partner’s package.

To participate, post at least once in this swap thread and send a private message containing the following questionnaire information to @MistressJennie:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER
Name of Swap: :banana: Go Bananas Swap :banana:
Lettuce Craft Username:
Email Address:
Your Real Name:
Mailing Address Including Country:

Confirm that are at least 16 years old: YES or NO
Have posted a comment in this thread and will check regularly for swap updates YES/NO
Do you understand that if shipping within the US you must use tracking numbers? YES or NO
Do you understand that if shipping internationally, you must provide a photograph/digital image of the receipt as proof of sending? YES or NO
Are you willing to ship to international swappers? YES or NO
Do you wish to do the optional ‘Extras’ portion of the swap? YES or NO

Do you have any allergies or intolerances?
Do you have any pets or allergens in your home or workspace?
Do you or anyone in your household smoke?

What are your favorite crafts to make?
What are your favorite crafts to receive?
Any special wishes? (no guarantees)
Anything you really DON’T want to receive? (i.e. animal products, religious, “adult", etc)

Do you have any favorite interests or fandoms?

Patterns/Symbols/Motifs:
Materials:

DISLIKES
Colors:
Patterns/Symbols/Motifs:
Materials:

Any items you do NOT want - feathers, fur, leather?
Do you have a Pinterest link to share with your partner?
Anything else the organizer or your partner should know?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO MISTRESSJENNIE VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

6 Likes

Participants

1. @MistressJennie
  2. @StudioANF
  3. @geekgirl
  4. @Abbeeroad
  5. @Lynx
  6. @seeuudee
  7. @roler
  8. @kittykill
  9. @endymion
  10. @JoyfulClover
  11. @wendiek
  12. @amazing_784
  13. @anna.wahnsinn
  14. @Edel
  15. @ilovesnaills
  16. @PerfectlyBohemian
  17. @momiemae
  18. @sheepBlue
  19. @Raury
  20. @Moonflame
  21. @jemimah
  22. @LadybugsAndBees

Partners
StudioANF <—> geekgirl (self partnered)
Abbeeroad <—> JoyfulClover (self partnered)
ilovesnails <—> roler
Raury <—> amazing_784
Seeuudee <—> wendiek
MistressJennie <—> Edel
anna.wahnsinn <—> jemimah
PerfectlyBohemian <—> Moonflame
kittykill <—> endymion
SheepBlue <—> momiemae
Lynx2Lancer <—> LadybugsAndBees

6 Likes

My child is currently using my computer for my assigned to him learning, but I love this theme, and hope to sign up later this afternoon when I can type-type.

2 Likes

YES! doing my Q now!

2 Likes

sounds like fun!

2 Likes

I really love the idea of this swap. I will get my answers in soon.

2 Likes

My q is in!! Woohoo!!

2 Likes

“School” is out for the day, so mine is now sent, too!

2 Likes

Questionnaire sent :smiley:

2 Likes

Folks who have signed up have been added to the list above and my spreadsheet. It feels so weird not having added them into some version of a swap database. :grimacing:

4 Likes

Hi hi! I definitely want to do this, and am just putting out here that I would LOVE to make a pretty felt applique hoop for someone; is there anyone who would specifically want that?

3 Likes

I would be more than happy to receive something like that :smiley:

2 Likes

@seeuudee beat me to it, but same!

3 Likes

Thinking about it… DS’s birthday is in April, and his items take top priority. But I’d still have some time before 5/11. Hmmmmm…

1 Like

I love it! I am in!

1 Like

Oooh, I love bananas so I couldn’t resist :joy: :banana:

I sent the lovely organizer a pm!
Hope that this keeps me crafting and mentally healthy :grinning:

2 Likes

Sent! Woot to the Woot!!

2 Likes

I did sign up; really looking forward to getting back in the swing of swapping!

3 Likes

It’s so hard to choose which swaps to join!

I’m holding off just for now, as I’ve signed up for another two. But if there’s still space at the end of signups, I think I’m in, because this swap will be awesome!

3 Likes

Yes!! I am in!!!

@MistressJennie I see Abbeeroad twice on the participants list, not sure if that is meant to be? :wink:

@jemimah, ooh it would be so great if you would join!! :grinning:

3 Likes