COMPLETE: Halloween Advent - SU 6/11-6/24 SO 8/27

I watch Seinfeld over and over in the same manner :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I have had a couple of days of waiting for inspiration to strike. Then, very suddenly. I had a clear vision of number 10 so I set to work. Now, I am out of a significant material and have to go to the fabric store again. lol

2 Likes

I am trying to figure out the best means to execute this one component. Because I thought I had the perfect piece, but turns out, it looks like it’s been in a bar fight. So…no.

Good times. 3 weeks left, peeps!!!

Edit: I FIGURED IT OUT!!! YASSSSS!!! I have done this before, but not for anything like this, but it will work. I know it. Now just to wait till I’m off work…

2 Likes

Huzzah! The muse has landed and my path is crystal clear to the finish line. It feels great to not have any days in question anymore.

2 Likes

The last supplies I need to get everything done will arrive tomorrow! And then I still need to come up with one more thing but I’m sure that will happen when I get going.

2 Likes

We have our first sender! So I opened the Gallery!

1 Like

Hey All!

I’m going to set up 2 polls to determine how we execute the gallery.

NOTICE: these polls are not anonymous. I selected the option to see who voted (I’m not sure how this is shown?) only for me to check people off.

Vote here to determine how the packages are opened

• I want to open all at once
  • I want to open one item a day, starting October 1
  • I want to open one item a day, starting October 18th

0 voters

IF IT IS DECIDED TO OPEN ONE DAY AT A TIME, this is how I want to post my received package, as well as view everyone elses’ package

• I want to post photos in one entry (editing each day a package is open)
  • I want to make a new post each day of what I have opened.

0 voters

If the first poll votes to open all at once, then the default - posting all the photos in one post - is the standard.

Polls will close after everyone has voted.

Welp. I think there is something wrong with this poll as well. But I can’t tell if it’s because I designed it, or if there actually is a problem.

Let me know, and I’ll adjust if needed. Thank you!

It seems to be working ok for me

2 Likes

I’m hoping to send tomorrow.

2 Likes

I do declare that I’m finished. A bout of insomnia made me give up on sleep at 4am. So I got up and finished my last items.

Next thing is to pack them all up and get them in the post. Which won’t happen until next week as I’ll heading away on a holiday for ten days.

Edit: who needs sleep. I decided to wrap them. Had some HP paper, the eagle eyes amongst you will spot only 12 packages. One is still drying

2 Likes

5 Likes

They are all so beautiful!! I have such grabby hands! And maybe a mini kitchen jig or two!

I’m on my last item, so I am also close!

I am sending you the very best wishes for your vacation, my friend!!

1 Like

An item to consider: edits to posts are not pushed as notifications. So if posting/editing just one post wins, people who want to see all the daily swap items will have to manually scroll to find the photos. I suggest everyone go reserve (by posting) at least once in the gallery, to keep all the image posts together at the top.

Just a suggestion.

Boxing up! Woot!

…and SENT!

:woman_zombie::heart:

5 Likes

Yeppers, that’s why I voted for a new post a day. Endless scrolling is tough, especially since we’re all in different time zones and have differing stuff going on in life, it’s tough to keep track of when someone has updated.

Is there a way to tag them all together so one could look at all of the posts from the same person? Or perhaps we just reply to our own first posts?

I’m still crafting away; every day I seem to have to put some serious time in gets eaten by other surprise projects. (Like doing work letter stuffing or shoveling gravel with my partner). So frustrating! Dear Universe: can I just live in my guest room with my crafting for a few days, please?

2 Likes

I really need to finish a few things that are mostly done! I ran out of some supplies so I had to run to the shop this morning. But we’re in a super heatwave (I had no idea that even existed) and I find it hard to motivate myself to do anything except for eating ice lollies.

Okay, all votes are in.

Majority says to start opening packages October 1!

The second poll (for how to post) was evenly split at 50%. The only way to find a winner there, is for me to abstain. So, it looks like we will post in ONE post, updating each day. Please make sure everyone has claimed a spot. I tagged the last remaining ducks to get everyone over there.

Can’t wait to see the goodies! We already have a couple en route! So when yours arrives, notify myself and your partner (maybe post a photo in your spot in the gallery?), and then store in a safe place until October 1!

We are 17 days out from shipping! Weekly check in: what’s the worst costume decision you’ve made?

Mine was using orange food coloring on my skin for a costume. Oy, getting that off. What a mess.

3 Likes

Worst costume decision? I’ll go with… not getting dressed up. I used to wear costumes pretty regularly then stopped a few years back. I need to find the motivation and dig in again.

2 Likes

One year I put my hair in tiny braids and colored each braid with a different colored marker. I was going for punk rocker but the end result was more like Bozo. :clown_face:

1 Like