COMPLETE: Handmade Journals Swap SO:September 19, 2020

Let’s make some books, well, a book. You will hand make a book for your partner in the pocket-sized range. The book should be about 5" by 7" or there about. You can use an old book cover or make one yourself with book board. The cover and inside covers can be decorated in a theme on your partner’s list. The inside pages can be a mix of papers (like a junk journal/smash book) or sketch/watercolor/mixed media paper - again, you will follow your partner’s ideas and suggestions. The book should contain a minimum of 24
pages, but can contain more depending on the dimensions of your cover and spine. You should add two signatures, but again, depending on size and spine width, you can add more.

There should be a minimum of 5 to 7 added features like tuck spots, a flip-out or fold-out page, pockets, journal spots/cards, a translucent or transparent page or pocket, paper embellishments, a shaped page, a window page, or your favorite element to add into your journals.

A few more ideas: a list page, a “currently” page (what I’m reading, goals, glasses of water consumed), a black and white page, a coloring page, a collage background page, a gel printed page,
(I will add more ideas as I think of them)

Swap questionnaire - PLEASE include your LC name in the title of your PM.
Example - Handmade Journal Swap - Smmarrt Q

Swap name: Handmade Journals Swap - September 2020
Lettuce Craft member who is organizing this swap: Smmarrt
Sign-up date range: July 30 - August 9, 2020
Send out Date: September 19, 2020
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional) 25

LettuceCraft Name:
Your real name:
Your email address:
Mailing address including the country:

Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 18 years old: (YES/NO)

What kind of book do you want - junk journal, sketch book, mostly writing journal, watercolor journal, or something else?
List 5 - 8 themes for your book cover

Do you want to send extras?
Do you want to receive extras?
Favorite colors:
Favorite journal ideas:
Any allergies?
Any allergens in your home?
Anything on your No Fly list (natural elements, leather, other)
Links to Pinterest or other:

Anything else you want to share about this swap or your preferences?

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No
If so, which country?

Additional Age requirement? Lettuce Craft rules - 18 and older

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:

Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:

Has been a member for at least one month: YES/NO
Has posted at least 15 times: YES/NO
Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES/NO
Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES/NO
Does not have any negative feedback: YES/NO

Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES/NO

Has posted a comment in this thread and will check regularly for swap updates YES/NO
If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES/NO
If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES/NO

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

5 Likes

Participants:
@Smmarrt
@geekgirl
@marionberries
@Fonduie
@calluna
@Nicole

Partners!

marionberries >><< geekgirl
calluna >><< Nicole
Fonduie >><< Smmarrt

2 Likes

What fun. I like making books…but then I don’t know what to do with them. Maybe I need just the right journal. Yay. Sent in my Q

2 Likes

sent in my questionnaire

1 Like

I agree - I have made about 50 books in the last few months - most of them just note books from coffee sleeves. I give them away because I can’t possibly fill them all.
And I like making them too!

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to this! Just sent in my questionnaire!

1 Like

I wanted to do this one very much. I will be leaning towards a more artsy approach as I’ve got some fun paper I created with wrinkled grocery sacks. Fun to glue and stitch to. Yay!!

3 Likes

Questionnaire sent! I look forward to getting my book-binding on again.

2 Likes

I’ve been missing paper crafts. I’ve been making masks for months. The is what I need.

3 Likes

Thank you for making masks.

1 Like

I’m so excited for this!

2 Likes

I’d love to see what these look like :smiley:

I think I’ll use up a few scrap paper piles. :joy: A two foot high scrap journal wouldn’t be a problem, would it?

9 Likes

I am wondering what skill levels folks are thinking of here. For me it would be beginner… I have stitched quite a few signatures in various designs, but never crafted the journal with the rest of what is mentioned in the description of the swap. I just did two plain covers & plain blank insides.

@marionberries Love that stack of paper - go for it!

@Camelama - Join if you want to try and I will partner you with someone who wants a simpler journal…

1 Like

I have maxed out my swaps this go-round so I will just watch from the sidelines. Happy crafting!

2 Likes

@Camelama definitely join in! Plain pages are good, especially for those who want to do their own art and decoration.

@artsycandice I hope you’ll still make a journal though you’re not in the swap, I always enjoy seeing what you create!

5 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I pulled down and dusted off a few journals I’ve either made or received. Are you supposed to write/doodle/draw in these things! WOW, I’ve got some catching up to do. Maybe that’s what I should be working on during long boring virtual meetings.

2 Likes

Ohh, It sounds like we are at the same experience level. I’m now hoping that’s ok with whoever I get paired with. (may be you can join and we can be paired up for swaps @Camelama ?)