CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Ostara 2022

Nice!!! I love the Snoopy keychain and bookmark!

2 Likes

Those healing potions are so cool and unique! I bet everyone in your group was thrilled to receive one!

2 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Apparition
House: Slytherin
Project Name & Page Link: Everyday Red hat
Brief Description:
I used a circular needle to knit this hat! This is a modified version of the Everyday Slouchy Beanie. I just improvised a cable panel. It is a red Fingering weight yarn held double with a strand of black mohair silk.

Class or Challenge Title: History of Magic
Project Name & Page Link: Homemade Baby Burp Cloths
Brief Description: I started these simple burp cloths over a year ago, while I was still pregnant, when I found out a few of my friends were pregnant. I didn’t have a specific recipient in mind until now, since they are finally finished as of today! They have been sitting cut out and pinned on my sewing desk FOREVER!
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: House Unity (Ravenclaw)
Project Name & Page Link: Matchy Match Ribbed Hat
Brief Description: ALL LINKS ARE RAVELRY LINKS. I had yarn leftover from making my husband’s 2x2 Ribbed for His Pleasure hat ( the pattern is just a ribbed hat, the name is suggestive to be funny. Safe for work content :laughing:) . The hat is only written in one size, so I modified it to get a mini version for the baby. I used the Child size stitch cast on numbers from the TinCanKnit Barley Light hat, knit forever in 2x2 rib, then decreased as the 2x2 hat called to. The decreases in the adult version are divided up into 4 decrease points, but the baby hat numbers worked with 3 decrease points.

I tried to pick a size that he can grow into for later this year’s winter. Ribbing is so nice and stretchy!
And it just happens to be a lovely shade of Ravenclaw blue. :eagle:
Project Picture:

Edited to add History of Magic.

8 Likes

Yay, Another Slytherin!!
Welcome :heart: :snake::heart:

3 Likes

Oh my gosh I love your mini hat model! :smile:

1 Like

Yes :snake::white_heart::green_heart::black_heart:

~ ADVANCED STUDIES PROPOSAL ~
Project Name: Ouzo cardigan
Brief Description:
I need a nice cardigan for the office, for when the air conditioning turns on in the warmer weather. This pattern has been in my queue for a while.
This is a large project, a sweater. It involves knitting the pieces separately, then seaming. I have not done much seaming, and it’s been a while And it will be tricky to find time to work on it with an infant. :sweat_smile:

I have already swatched and started the back piece.

6 Likes

oooh that yarn is :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:!

2 Likes

I agree with @AntBee :heart_eyes: I’m always so impressed with your knitting! I’m away this weekend but will get your proposal filed on Monday! DONE!

1 Like

I love a good grey! :heart_eyes: This is Dream in Color Classy, I think the color is Prince William?

3 Likes

hourglasses
:zap: Headmistress Jennie casts the House Points Charm! :zap:

2 Likes

Hello friends! Thank you for all the lovely well wishes. I’ve been able to check in on this thread, and LC itself, here and there over the last several weeks, and have loved seeing your creations.

As for my little creation, she’s doing well. Ada Beatrix was born on March 31, at 5:35pm. 6 lbs 9 ounces, and 19" of awesome. Here she is just after being born.

One the hospital photographer took.

And she is enjoying the ridiculous outfits friends and family have sent her. Like this donut sleeper, from my husband’s work.

12 Likes

Congrats!! She is adorable!

1 Like

Congratulations! She is beautiful!

1 Like

She’s beautiful! Congratulations!

1 Like

Can’t get enough of these photos! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Ooooh Ada Beatrix is adorable! Congratulations @MistressJennie :hugs:

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: House Pride Challenge
SPEW or LC Contest: Inspired-Along challenge 2022
Project Name & Page Link: Slytherin Handspun Yarn
Brief Description: This luscious 3-ply yarn is a wool/silk blend from Paradise fibers in colorway ‘Slathersin.’ They can’t use the actual HP House names, but we know what they mean. The roving is a blend of several shades of green, gray, black and bright-white silk. I spun this semi-worsted to blend the colors, but globs of silk find their way through to create some contrast to the darker greens and grays. This picture was taken prior to washing, so it will fluff up a bit and even out.
Project Picture:

8 Likes

That is the coolest!

1 Like

Thank you!