COMPLETED: Holiday Present Swap - S/U: 7/29-8/14 - S/O 11/6

Check In Question Time:

Do you have any gift wrapping traditions or preferences?

Growing up we did not coordinate or have fancy wrapping. Just cheap wrapping paper, maybe those cheap sticker bows and lots of tape.

But we would get creative with how we wrapped things. Like one year as a kid I got a hoola hoop that was completely wrapped with long strips of paper. What a pain to get all that off.

One year I gave my mom hot rollers and I took the rollers out and wrapped each one individually.

and things like wrapping tiny items in large boxes. Wrapping things nested in multiple boxes, etc.

When I was a teenager my uncle got married and I used to think she was so fancy because all her gifts had matching paper and fancy ribbons.

1 Like

Each year was so different. Birthdays were paper bags. But Christmas was full on WRAPPING. Then later we did different paper for each person. But I loved the hodge podginess of when I was a kid. Each one was different because we saved paper.

I gave a stocking one year, with each gift wrapped and it was FUN! The wrapping made each one special, even if it was small. So much fun!

One year, it was all hastily stuffed in gift bags. It got the job done, but itā€™s just not the same. But sometimes thatā€™s just what happens, right?

This hot roller story is awesome! Sometimes we did trickery, too! One year, my dad put a picture from a magazine of the item, and then chucked in a rock, and wrapped it. My sister was so confused!

as a kid nothing in our stockings were ever wrapped but as an adult when Iā€™ve given stockings I always wrap. itā€™s just more fun.

1 Like

It really is!

Our wrapping was always a mixture of papers. As an adult Iā€™ve done some years as matching papers other years not. Santa of course always had different paper than our gifts, but now all the kids are older so Iā€™m not as worried.

I like wrapping paper and fancy wrapping but I canā€™t wrap worth a darn. My family uses and reuses gift bags for decades until they fall apart.

2 Likes

Do you have the one really nice one, or favorite one everyone fights over?

Ours is the one with Bumble on it.

No, not really.

I donā€™t really have any gift wrappping traditions.

No. I donā€™t have any traditions around gift wrappingā€¦ wellā€¦ unless you count me waiting to wrap Christmas gifts until the night before. I stay up for hours into the morning, having coffee, watching movies, and wrapping. lol

1 Like

Gift wrapping traditionsā€“not really. I prefer a white box, wrapped in paper. Ive been known to print photos on brown paper for gifting. I like to wrap early. My best friend and I do 25 days of Christmasā€“25 inexpensive, meaningful gifts. We open one each day.

1 Like

That sounds fun!

1 Like

It is a lot of fun. Sheā€™s crafty too so we come up with cool gifts like homemade items, gift cards, supplies.

I just mailed off two swap packages today so this is officially my only open swap. Whew!! I am so excited to settle into some of these ideas that have been forming in my head. I can not wait. The large is going to be an especially interesting piece. Iā€™ve not made anything like what Iā€™d like to make for it in more than a decade. Here goes!

4 Likes

Working on my large item today and it is really coming together even better than Iā€™d hoped, so far!

1 Like

I snuck away to the fabric store and gathered supplies for two projects. I canā€™t wait to start.

1 Like

I donā€™t have any wrapping traditions :stuck_out_tongue: Sometimes I like it to be all matchy-matchy, other years I just use whatā€™s left over from the year previous (this is more often what happens :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

I spent some time this weekend burrowed in my partners extensive pinterest and refined my ideas, which was great fun! I think I might start with some small items and build up my package from there :slight_smile:

My family definitely didnā€™t have any wrapping traditions. Iā€™m a very sloppy, messy wrapper. In college my roommate asked if she could rewrap the presents I had wrapped for my family because I did such a bad job. Now my husband usually wraps the gifts for us because he feels the same way my college roommate did. Iā€™ll definitely take my time with the ones for this swap thoughā€¦after all of the time Iā€™ve spent crafting, Iā€™ll want the stuff to look its best!

3 Likes

My boyfriend and I take one night where we spend hours wrapping. We usually watch the same Garth Brooks special and have a few adult beverages. I absolutely HATE wrapping presents so itā€™s nice that he helps me!

3 Likes

As a kid, nothing in the stockings were wrapped. The paper we used was usually from the dollar store. My dad was always so good at wrapping though! Ribbon curls and bows! I am not that great lol. I can wrap a decent box but sometimes Iā€™m so tired at the end that I just slap a bow on haha. I tried to do all the wrapping one night but that was the worst ever so now I try to break it up into three nights.
On the craft front, Iā€™m still undecided as to a medium but Iā€™m not worried. We have loads of time and I want it to be awesome. I have supplies out and ready for my smalls and other medium and just need to pick one thing up for my large that Iā€™m hoping to start this weekend.