COMPLETED: Hoopless Hoopla Swap - S/U 7/29 - 8/12 S/O 09/14

In this swap we’ll be crafting one hoopla that is not put into a hoop or frame for our partners! This is to make shipping easier and cheaper, it’s also a good chance to try out international shipping. This swap is open to all crafting styles as long as it fits in your partners desired hoop size. So if you embroider or cross stitch, paint or quilt all are welcome. Just be sure that your piece meets the time for a medium swap package.

• Please only send one completed item that fits into your partners hoop. No extras.
  • Hoop size for this round should be between 3" - 10", please note your partners preference
  • Piece can be made of any medium that can be framed in a hoop.
  • Posting to the discussion thread or PM’ing organizer is required at least every week.
  • Have fun!!

Swap name: Hoopless Hoopla Swap
Lettuce Craft member who is organizing this swap: Raury
Sign-up date range: July 29 to Aug 12, 2020
Date to send item by: Sept 12, 2020
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional):No limit.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country? N/A
Additional Age requirement? 16

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:

• Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
  • Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
  • Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
  • Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
  • Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:

• Has been a member for at least one month: YES
  • Has posted at least 15 times: YES
  • Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
  • Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
  • Does not have any negative feedback: YES
  • Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
  • If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
  • If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Hoopless Hoopla Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country (as would need to appear for mailing)
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old (YES/NO)

Do you have any allergies?
Do you have any allergens in your home (cats, smoke, etc)?

Which crafts would you like to make your hoopla out of?
Which crafts you like to receive?
What size hoop would you like your hoopla to fit into?

List at least 5 themes that you like?

Are there any themes that you really don’t like?

Colors you’d like to receive?
Colors you’d prefer not to receive?

Do you have specific ideas or inspirations that would help your partner personalize your piece (Pinterest, Etsy Favorites, Flickr, etc)?
Anything else you’d like your partner to know?

Do not post your reply to the questionnaire here, send your completed questionnaire to your organizer.

Participants:
@Raury
@Camelama
@craftADDchick
@Lynx
@JoyfulClover
@geekgirl
@roler
@wittychild
@EriChanHime

Partners:
@craftADDchick. (Received, sent late with communication) <—>. @EriChanHime ( received)(sent late with communication)
@JoyfulClover.(sent and received)<---->. @ geekgirl (sent and received)
@roler. (Sent) <—> @Camelama (received)(sent late with communication)
@wittychild (sent and received) <—> @ raury (sent and received)
@Lynx (sent and received) <—> @ raury (sent and received)

9 Likes

I just sent in my questionnaire! I have a few things to get caught up on before I craft for this, so I now have a deadline, which is very motivating.

3 Likes

I really like the idea of a hoopless hoopla! I think I’ll play. I love the swaps that make shipping internationally affordable–thus chooseable!

4 Likes

I am definitely on board with this one! :+1:t2: It will take me a little bit to get my questionnaire together, and then I’ll join officially. Yay! First swap on the new site. :heartpulse:

3 Likes

This sounds like fun! Sent in my form!

2 Likes

Yay! Super excited!

3 Likes

I am also super excited about this swap and I’m glad others are too.

3 Likes

I’m in!

2 Likes

I’ve been wanting to make more hooplas!

4 Likes

< BOOM > SENT!

UGH - it won’t let me submit. I SENT IN MY Q.

2 Likes

Signed up! Hoops are basically my FAVORITE thing to swap XD

4 Likes

@roler! I wondered if you were going to join! Yay!

2 Likes

Aww, it’s killing me to have to sit this out. I adore hoops but we are moving cross country and I just can’t. I’ll keep my eyes on it and hope there’s another round.

1 Like

Sorry that you can’t join in! Maybe you can stitch along with us as you travel east!

1 Like

I have to drive the whole way or I would :smiley:

Sorry that you can’t join us this time, but hopefully there will be a next time. How long of a drive is it?

Oh, darn! Well, then, I can’t wait to see your hoopla wall installed in your new place!

And, I haven’t hung mine, yet (I only have a few) because I have horsehair plaster and lathe walls in my house. What’s the best way for me to hang them? I don’t really want the hanging hardware to be visible.

We are allowing 5 days, it’s almost 5000 km (3100 miles)

We have extremely hard walls in our current house so I used adhesive hooks and was able to hide them by hooking the back of the hoop rather than the metal tightener on top. The adhesive pulls off when you no longer need the hook without damaging the paint. There are probably many brands but I use Command by 3M.

1 Like

Thanks for the tips! I was wondering if Command hooks were the way to go. They’re now on my list.

Have a safe trip!

1 Like

Just sent in my questionnaire - I can’t wait to get partners!

2 Likes