COMPLETED - Inchie Dice Swap (signup 1/27 - 2/9; send outs 3/14)

Omg. Same. I just played Sophie’s Choice with the lot of them. Harder than you’d think!

I have some gel medium in my stash! Great tip.

2 Likes

I made one too many inchies and I am having a hard time picking which to eliminate.

3 Likes

My ink ran. And not in an artistic way. I’m very disheartened.

Since I have to redraw them, I might do them slightly different, maybe they’ll be better!

3 Likes

I have one set finished but can’t decide on themes/colors for second partner. I will also look at Pinterest for inspo.

1 Like

I’m picking up a fixative spray that is supposed to seal ink jet prints. I used to you Preserve It by Krylon but it’s no where to be found lately. I’m going to be in trouble if this spray runs the ink. :flushed:

2 Likes

we have a gallery!

3 Likes

Oh, man! Now I have things to worry about! I never thought about the possibility of the ink running when I attached and sealed them. Crap…

What are some suggestions for ink (or paint) and adhesive/sealant combos?

I feel like I just fell into the deep end of the pool and I don’t have a floatie!

1 Like

it’s more of a risk if you used water soluble products to make your inchies. I would make an inchie to test on. Whatever you use - be very light handed. I generally use a scrapbook glue to glue them down. Make sure everything is super dry and then use a very very light coat of gel medium.

But if you are concerned about bleeding then maybe a spray. Again - very light. I don’t have a lot of experience using sprays so I can’t really say what’s good.

For me personally = as long as they were adhered properly then I wouldn’t care if they were sealed or not. but I’m just going to use mine for decoration and I won’t really be rolling them around.

2 Likes

@goatgoddesss your dice to @gozer look well sealed - what did you use to seal them and what did you use to make the inchies?

1 Like

one more suggestion - I wouldnt use a gloss medium (gloss mod podge, gloss collage pauge, gloss gel medium). just because I have had bad experiences with them not completely drying and staying tacky in my humid neck of the woods.

2 Likes

I won’t be sealing mine. I think it’s just a risk of them going awry with bleeding ink/paint, etc. I think if you use a good enough adhesive, even if they’re rolled they will hold up.

In my experience, this stuff is AMAZING and holds really well. It does take some drying time, but the best thing about it is that it’s water soluble, so if you do have any issues, you can clean it up with a wet towel. I apply it with a small flexible kitchen spatula reserved for just this. It is nice because it doesn’t have much liquid in it so it doesn’t warp paper at all unlike more liquidy products might. https://www.dickblick.com/products/yes-stikflat-glue/ Also a little goes a VERY long way, so the tub may last a lifetime. :slight_smile:

1 Like

that is why I put a sealer over it - you are right on that

I used a clear spray to seal and it seems to have worked out ok so far. Now I’m just working on cute package that will survive the trip.

Heh-- I was in fact planning on using my yes!paste for this one. :grin: (I find it a little annoyingly sticky while drying, but was pretty happy with it for the last project I used it on)

1 Like

So much good information! Thanks! I feel buoyed by your knowledge :laughing:

2 Likes

I like to use wax paper after I use the glue and smoosh it under something heavy for normal objects. The glue doesn’t stick to the wax paper and it comes right off. It’s nice and might be a good tip for you in the future! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh smart!

1 Like

There is something so satisfying about punching out little squares - is it art? Is it arty enough? What else can I fit onto this little square of goodness?

5 Likes

Never go against a Scicilian when death is on the line, and ALWAYS pay attention to grain!

WOOD GRAIN, that is. The perfect shade turned to blerg when the grain just soaked up every bit of color it could. Like a hungry, hungry hippo.

3 Likes

Got mine all packed up today. I will be sending on Tuesday when I am closer to the Post Office.