COMPLETE : Invite Your Partner 2021 swap, Sign up Feb 4 – Feb 18, Send out Apr 1

s1915-pg-8

SEND OUT DATE EXTENDED TO TUESDAY 6TH APRIL

Invite Your Partner 2021

GALLERY!!

Let’s dance!!

Welcome to the first Invite Your Partner Swap for 2021. This swap is one that is tailormade for you, even down to your choice of partner! For this swap, you can invite a Lettuce Craft member to swap with you, or you can put your name on a list of members looking for a partner.

The swap requirements are up to you and your partner to decide. You can make the swap as big or as small as you like – anything from an ATC to an astrolabe constructed entirely of matchsticks. Just make sure you discuss the time and cost commitments with your partner.

Some ideas:

• one fabulous large item
  • a favourite theme, colour, or fandom
  • fill a shoebox
  • just three things

You are allowed to have two partners in this swap if you want to.

Communication is key in this swap. We have a long crafting time, and we’re swapping with people we like and admire. Please make sure you can follow through on your commitments, and keep in touch with your partner and the organizer if there are any problems. There will be weekly check in questions in the discussion.

It can be scary to ask someone to swap, but I hope you will give it a go! Think about how you’d feel if someone asked you – you’d be thrilled, right? Of course, sometimes time demands or postage costs mean that someone can’t commit to a swap right now, so please don’t take it to heart if you get a no. Ask someone else - there’s a bunch of wonderful lettuce heads who’d love to dance with you!

SWAP DETAILS

Swap name: Invite Your Partner 2021
Lettuce Craft member who is organizing this swap: jemimah
Sign-up date range: 4 February 2021 – 18 February 2021
Send out date: 1 April 2021
Limited to a certain number of people? no

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? no

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:

Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:

Has been a member for at least one month: YES/NO
Has posted at least 15 times: YES/NO
Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES/NO
Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES/NO
Does not have any negative feedback: YES/NO

Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES/NO

Has posted a comment in this thread and will check regularly for swap updates YES/NO
If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES/NO
If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES/NO

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER
Name of Swap: Invite Your Partner 2021
Lettuce Craft Username:
Email Address:
Your Real Name:
Mailing Address Including Country:

Who is your partner?

Confirm that are at least 16 years old: YES / NO
Do you understand that you should post at least once a week in the discussion thread and answer the check in question? YES / NO
Do you understand that if shipping within the US you must use tracking numbers? YES / NO
Do you understand that if shipping internationally, you must provide a photograph/digital image of the receipt as proof of sending? YES / NO
Do you have any allergies or intolerances? YES / NO
Do you have any pets or allergens in your home or workspace? YES / NO

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO JEMIMAH VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

IF YOU’RE LOOKING FOR A PARTNER

If you’d like to join in, but you haven’t asked anyone yet, you can be on the list of swappers looking for a partner. PM @jemimah and I’ll add you to the list. You can just put your name down – I’m sure someone will be thrilled to swap with you! If you’d like to, you can be a bit more specific about crafts you’d like to swap (keep it brief). e.g. – “@jemimah would love to swap with someone who could crochet silk mittens for her velociraptor. She could weave a model Millenium Falcon for you from bamboo and moonbeams.”

Don’t send your questionnaire to me until you have decided on your partner. Once I have received forms from both partners, I’ll update the participant list.

8 Likes

:star: Looking for a partner :star:

Just PM me if you’d like to be added to the list.

:blossom: Participants :blossom:

@Lynx - @Reinikka
@Whistlefish - @Kwality570
@Bunny1kenobi - @TheMistressT
@Lynx - @AuFish
@PrincessP - @jemimah
@anna.wahnsinn - @geekgirl
@artsycandice - @thanate
@bethntim - @kittykill
@gozer - @artsycandice
@audity - @RagingSloth
@tendstowardschaos - @Bunny1kenobi
@mel - @Whistlefish
@geekgirl - @jemimah

2 Likes

I love this swap. <3

4 Likes

I’ve always enjoyed it! It’s so much fun :smile:

2 Likes

Yay! I love the long crafting time!

3 Likes

:laughing: I didn’t notice the crafting time at all. But it’s just perfect!

2 Likes

this is tempting. Will need to think on it.

2 Likes

Just out of curiosity, are we allowed to invite more than one partner for this round?

2 Likes

I’m not sufficiently motivated to invite anybody (what the heck do I want anyway?? I mean, I have a pinterest of that, but my brain is presently made of fluff.) but happy to play if someone wants machine embroidery or something else I do.

2 Likes

Good question! I will check and let you know.

1 Like

Signed up! :smile:

3 Likes

I’m open for a partner if anyone wants to invite me, if not that’s OK too!!

2 Likes

I’m excited to be hosting IYP! The IYP galleries in the old place were amazing - I’m looking forward to see what people will create :smiley_cat:

I should just note that I am in New Zealand. I’ll try to respond to queries promptly, but the time difference might mean I am checking in at odd hours.

2 Likes

Yes! If I remember correctly, it was a limit of two partners in previous IYPs, so I’m happy to stick with that this time. I’ll update the swap info now.

2 Likes

Awesome! I wasn’t committed to having more than one, but there is someone else I think would be fun to swap with, so if she says yes, that’ll be cool! Thanks.

Edit: We decided the timing was better just to send happy mail, but that’s cool, too!

2 Likes

Yay! @Whistlefish and I are joining in this round. I love the IYP! Such a happy swap.

4 Likes

Yay, we have some swappers already! One of the great things about IYP is that it’s one of those swaps where you can start crafting right away :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

Thinking. I have someone in mind but the timing is a bit dicey for me since we may be moving prior to send outs.

5 Likes

I got asked to the dance! Will DM, etc. soon!

6 Likes

She said yes! Woot! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Looking forward to joining you all :grinning:

4 Likes