COMPLETE : Invite Your Partner 2021 swap, Sign up Feb 4 – Feb 18, Send out Apr 1

The post office is really slow right now. I’m waiting on a few packages myself, and I hope the one I just sent out doesn’t take forever.

3 Likes

When I spoke with my town’s Post Mistress in January, she told me that their staffing was down by 50%!

5 Likes

I actually finished my item today!!! Woooop!

8 Likes

I sent today!

4 Likes

WOW @audity ! You slay.

As fast as so many are going I keep having to check back on the send out date to make sure I have it right.

5 Likes

We have a sender, so we have a GALLERY!

I am really looking forward to seeing all the wonderful goodies you are all making! BUT, don’t panic, because we do still have a whole month before sendouts are due - I hope you are enjoying your creative time, whatever you are doing!

6 Likes

EEP! So excited to see our Gallery! With this kind of swap it’s a real surprise each time!

I am making more progress today than expected! WOO! Snow plowing didn’t take as long as it usually does AND it turns out doing a whole full-sized test piece is making the actual project go a bit quicker. :smiley: :tada:

5 Likes

You certainly have me curious!!

3 Likes

Mwahahahaaaaaa! :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Everyone is making awesome progress.

I finished a small item while waiting for supplies to arrive. Ran to Hobby Lobby for a few incidentals, too. They have hand-dyed superwash Merino yarn! Willpower prevailed, though, and I didn’t add any to my stash. :joy:

3 Likes

I. Am. Finished! Huzzah! I ended with 1 large item and 3 smalls but they’re all so perfect I didn’t want to clutter it up with more stuff. I hope @kittykill loves everything! I am shipping out Friday the 5th since I have to go into work. Can’t wait to see the rest of the gallery!

6 Likes

I am making significant progress on the big item for one partner. I am tickled about this piece.

3 Likes

Y’all are making me nervous with all the sending out already! :cold_sweat:

We have until April 1st, right??? :laughing:

7 Likes

I know, right!? I asked my partner about her schedule and we decided that we’ll be sending in mid-March if everything goes according to plan!

5 Likes

Yeah, uh, not sending this week either! :eyes:

But stretching out the gallery makes for inspiration as the rest of us craft!

5 Likes

I’m not sending this week either!

5 Likes

I got my butt down to the USPS today to pick up that last supply order I was waiting on and finished #2. And I got a goodly bit done on #1, too! YEY for it not snowing enough to need plowing or shoveling today! :snowman: I also did some scheming on some more extra-ish type stuffs. :wink:

6 Likes

Still waiting on stuff… :slightly_frowning_face: I think that’s pretty much the last thing for @TheMistressT but if I know me, I’ll get bored and she’ll end up with a bunch of extras while I wait. :wink:

And I’m still working on @tendstowardschaos’ package. I’m attempting something that I have never tried before… cue the dramatic music

6 Likes

We’ve still got several weeks before sendouts - this is quite a leisurely paced swap :tropical_drink: :palm_tree:

Check in question - Do you have a childhood/teen memory of a special craft project that you made? What was a particular project you were proud of?

I remember making things in sewing class at school (maybe about 12 years old?) Once we’d mastered the the basics we could choose our own thing to make. My mother was a keen dressmaker and made most of our clothes, so I’d learned a bit at home too. I chose a shirt with a yoke and collar in a blue and green and white check. For some reason gold lurex was in at the time, and I remember thinking the shirt was fantastic because it had gold lurex threads running through the checked fabric, and even gold piping on the yoke (and I think on the pockets and cuffs too?). It looked so amazing with my gold lurex knee length socks and denim knickerbockers. Yep, gold lurex and denim knickerbockers …

6 Likes

No way! I am so excited!

2 Likes