COMPLETE : Invite Your Partner 2021 swap, Sign up Feb 4 – Feb 18, Send out Apr 1

I watch (listen to?) movies, shows, or YouTube videos while I craft. Mostly classic movies I’ve seen a bunch of times, forensic files (I’m a true crime junkie), or religious/philosophical discussions.

5 Likes

I’m music or silence person, unless it’s something fairly repetitive, in which case I might pair it up with a video or something.

4 Likes

I usually watch tv when I craft things that don’t require my kitchen table. Since Mr. Lynx is working from home, I can’t play music while he works or have the tv up to where I can hear in the dining room where I sew and paper craft. If it’s something I can do in front of the the tv (like my Operation Use Up Yarn), I’ve been watching Hallmark movies or Impractical Jokers because they are easy things to have in the background and not really feel like I have to pay attention to.

4 Likes

I have gone through a few pairs of ear buds since TheMisterT started WFH!

4 Likes

I craft mostly in silence when it’s available! I find that I tune out the world when crafting so if I do want background noise it’s best to pick something I’ve heard/watched before that won’t distract me and I also won’t mind if I tune out a bit.

I absolutely can not craft when someone is talking to me though! Unless I’m doing something repetitive or already planned out I have to put a full stop and reverse on my crafty brain activity :flushed: My poor husband often tries to talk to me when I’m in “the zone” and I have to make a focused effort not to tune him out or get upset with the interruption.

4 Likes

What I craft helps decide what I’m listening to. If it requires intense focus, movie scores, very familiar shows, or Metallica and Soul Asylum. For most other crafting I just put my headphones in with the music or shows set to random and listen to a bit of everything so my ADD works with me instead of against me.

3 Likes

silence is golden, but second best is usually some youtube (or other) documentary.

i love podcasts, but usually get distracted by whatever i am doing and lose the plot…

in other news…i think i’ve figured out what i am making for @Whistlefish’s “one super small surprise!!!” now i just need to figure out the colour!!

3 Likes

I used to listen to tv shows, but I’d miss so much of what was happening that once I’d actually sit down to watch an episode I’d be completely lost. Now I’ve started listening to books from the library because my local library chain is doing a winter reading/book listening challenge and I want to earn a mug! I’ve found it’s much easier to pay attention to since I’m not missing visual cues! I’ve tried podcasts, but don’t find the ones I’ve tried interesting enough to keep my attention. Maybe I need to try some different ones!

4 Likes

I tend to rewatch tv shows so they can play while I work and I don’t have to focus on them.

3 Likes

I do a bit of everything… music, audiobooks, tv shows, you tube… I even craft some things while I’m working from home, since I’m on the phone with a head set and have my hands free. A lot of my recent miniatures have been crafted while at work…

…along with the extra I made for @TheMistressT today and the one I’m about to start for @tendstowardschaos! Woot! How lucky am I that my work desk and craft room occupy the same space? :+1::+1::+1:

4 Likes

I like to listen to audiobooks while I craft.

4 Likes

I usually have a tv show or a movie on-whatever flavor I am feeling that day. Usually it is a horror movie or a mystery show/movie.

4 Likes

I have my item fully imagined, and started on it this afternoon!

4 Likes

I get to pick up an item I’ve been waiting for today!

5 Likes

Made a couple more tiny extras for both partners today! Huzzah!

5 Likes

Sometimes silence, YouTube, podcasts, or audio books.

4 Likes

I like listening to audio books while crafting, but I usually pick something I already know because I tend to zone out. Or wander away. It just get distracted. If it’s something like cross stitching or beading I love putting on a movie or series, but I miss a lot from mostly looking at what I’m doing — so that’s also best with old favorites. Good thing there are so many!

6 Likes

EEP! TWO things showed up today to get me going on TWO different things! YAHOO!

6 Likes

I have one tiny thing done, and one partially done. There’s one extra that I can get started on as I have all the materials on hand. But, the main items will have to wait until stuff gets delivered.

5 Likes

I have 3 small things done and 1 big mama jamma that is about 50% done.

4 Likes