COMPLETE : Invite Your Partner 2021 swap, Sign up Feb 4 – Feb 18, Send out Apr 1

my most proud craft was the mirror we made in grade 9 woodworking. still hangs in my hallway.

my least proud craft was the denim apron from grade 8 home ec. THAT was an epic fail, but the amount of damage i inflicted on the sewing machines before the teacher came to her senses almost made it worth it.

@Whistlefish - i am ALMOST done your small crafty craft!!! just need to weave some ends in and then block it!!!

5 Likes

Im upset I sent two days late. :sob: I tried really hard but things just werent coming together exactly right. I wasnt satisfied. So I think I am satisfied now. Hopefully Audity likes it. It’s a big item. I wasn’t really trying to make it so big. It’s also pretty bizarre but that’s how I roll generally anyway. Audity knew that. Lol.

3 Likes

We have until April 1 to send! Don’t be sad! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Oh. my. God. LMAO I freaked out and worked my ass off for 3 days without actually needing to! :woman_facepalming:OMG. HOW. HOW DO I MANAGE TO DO THIS TO MYSELF SO OFTEN? bangs head against wall i can’t even. I just cant. Ima go pass out now.

4 Likes

Now you have almost a whole month to relax!

4 Likes

I made some good progress today! I’m feeling happy with how it’s coming along :smile:

3 Likes

I bought some coordinating fabrics yesterday, so now to play around with my design for @AuFish’s bag. I had put @Reinikka’s pocket letter on hold, but now that I have sent my make a friend, I can focus full force on this swap!

4 Likes

Yesterday I finished up my #1 and on Monday I finished another extra. WOO! So, technically I’m done, buuuuuuuut… I have another extra planned that I expect to start later today. :woman_shrugging:

I tell ya’, it’s killin me a little to not post all the projects in all the categories! The struggle is real!

6 Likes

SAME. dyin’ ova heeeeere

2 Likes

I got one of my supply orders delivered today. Yay! But, still waiting on two more little things that I can’t start without. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: There’s one extra that I might work on tonight, though.

Yes, this! I have been working on a swap package today…so secretive!

3 Likes

Me too.

Crafty childhood memories… This may get longer. There are so many! I always enjoyed making things, and I remember sitting in the kitchen playing with Fimo as a little kid, just making tiny nests and birds and eggs (because that was the original hard stuff and I couldn’t soften big chunks)… and teeny tiny books from paper… and later a little clay doll for my mom that would jangle (joints were tied with leather string), like one she already had.

I remember a denim apron, too. When we were taught how to use a sewing machine at school (around age 11) I was a bit bored, because my mom had already kind of taught me at home. And then we were supposed to make a drawstring bag from an old pair of blue jeans. I made an apron for my dad from some taupe camel jeans. I don’t know if he used to wear it, but it’s been over 30 years and it’s still hanging in his kitchen. Also from that time two of my very first cross stitch projects are still on my mom’s kitchen wall (which has been my kitchen wall for quite a while now). Mostly good memories. But I also remember being at loggerheads with the handarbeiten teacher (see the apron) and later my art teachers. While I often didn’t do well without rules or guidelines, just as often I didn’t like them and did something different. Still do, really. And sometimes you just have to cut your losses. Knitting was hard for me, you had to have so much concentration and keep the same tension all the time! We had to frog my piece twice, and while my best friend made a scarf that was 2 yards long, I handed in a square of less than 4" which my mom had cast on.

6 Likes

Finished an item for @tendstowardschaos. It turned out less wonky than I feared. I hope she is happy with my first-time effort on this project!

3 Likes

I’m sure it’s fine. In my experience, first attempts contain a lot of wonderfully ambitious risk-taking, and make for awesome projects.

I started a small item and went to finish it today, only to realize that I have no idea what I’m doing. Thank goodness I made one for myself to practice on and, especially, for pinterest tutorials.

2 Likes

Got another extra underway today! Eep!

2 Likes

I am making very good progress on items for both my partners :grinning:

Thanks everyone for sharing your early crafting stories - there are some very entertaining memories in there!

3 Likes

I sent today! Should be there Monday

2 Likes

Supplies have finally arrived! Woot! I can get started on the main event.

7 Likes

Finishing up a different swap, but everything is ready for crafting as soon as I can sit down with it.

3 Likes

Finished that other extra and am starting the last extra today!

4 Likes