Please post your projects with the following header:
Prompt: (Write the name of the prompt you are entering your craft for here. Don’t forget to include the month!)
Team: (Choose one of three, listed above) *
Project Name: (Name your craft anything you like; fanciful titles or simple labels/descriptions are all fine) *
Project Link: (Paste the link to your community post for the bonus points) *
Brief Description: (Tell us anything you’d like to about the craft, such as how you made it, and why it fits the prompt .)**
Project Photo(s): (Post photos of your awesome craft here, so we can ooh and aah over it!) *
- April Battle: Foolish vs Serious - CLOSED
- May Battle: Artificial Turf vs Natural Grass - CLOSED
- June Battle: Solo vs Teams (games)
April theme: April starts off with a very foolish day, but we’re going to be serious about our crafting, right? Fools and Sages, that’s the theme this month! But the prompts are all about the foolish side, because, let’s be honest, those are far more interesting words and made for better prompts…
- Featherhead - craft something using feathers, that is light, is meant to hang on a wall/from the ceiling, or is multicolored/iridescent.
- Mooncalf - craft something that is round, has spots, or is black and/or white.
- Blockhead - craft something that is square, bulky, is made to be used on a head, or is beige/tan/brown.
- Laughingstock - craft something that is made to make someone feel happier, or is from materials you always stock, or is green.
- Ninnyhammer - craft something that requires some tools, or some brute force, is small, or is blue.
May theme: Sports! And the age-old debate over astroturf and grass… the sport that most often comes to mind with this argument might be football or baseball, but other sports can utilize either kind of field…
- Ultimate Frisbee - craft something that is disk-shaped, something that flies, or something with a colorful logo, or that is neon-colored.
- Badminton - craft something triangle or pyramid shaped, rubbery, something with a grid/net texture, or something that is red.
- Flag football - craft something that is made of fabric, is rectangular, or is brown.
- Lawn bowling - craft something that is round, or has multiples (ten not required!), is marbled in color, or has holes in it.
- Softball - craft something diamond-shaped, squishy, that has visible stitching, or is white.
June theme - gaming! Might have done this one before, but I’m afraid we’re probably going to end up doing some recycling at some point! I’ve been watching a lot of gaming channels on YouTube, so…
- Board Games - craft something that is flat, uses chipboard, can be folded up, or has paths/lines.
- Card Games - craft something that is made up of multiple parts, is flexible, has hearts, diamonds, spade, or clubs on it, or is black or red.
- Video Games - craft something that uses electricity, is high-tech, or that is somehow inspired by your favorite video game (character, themes, etc).
- Role Playing Game - craft something in miniature, something that is in the theme of any RPG you’ve played, or something that is made of scraps.
- Puzzle Game - craft something that was tricky to figure out, has interlocking pieces, or is inspired by your favorite puzzle game.