COMPLETE - One Tiny Thing Swap 2020: Sign ups 3/28-04/04. Send Out: 04/27/20

Oh no! I hate that. Failures are frustrating.

I have my OTT planned, but I am sitting behind a pile of masks to finish. But it’s in my head! Doesn’t that count?

3 Likes

My dear partner, I’m also behind a pile of other work. I did not expect to be so busy during this quarantine. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

The first week or so of staying at home was a blissful change for me. I had just come off of a stressful volunteer project and a conflict resolution process that was stalled and going nowhere. And the weather was good, garden time. Then Zoom, volunteer website update scrambles, mask making, and of course I continue to work full time from home involved in transfering all training for a large company into various virtual scenarios…and learning a new product to apply to their systems. Whew.
But it’s been fun too. Helping our church with virtual Sunday services, Zoom singing circles, storytimes, concerts. Integrating a foster cat that was to be a two week commitment and is now a member of the household for the duration.
I love an easy swap…well relatively easy…as I need the creative bump. So I’m bumping along!
This community is a breath of fresh air and definitely a necessary part of my life. I love you all and all crafters.

4 Likes

Totally counts! It needs to be in your head before it can get out of there :wink:

1 Like

I’ve received from @storerboughtcreation! It is the cutest thing. But I’ll be patient and post in the gallery.

2 Likes

Gallery is HERE!

3 Likes

Finally started in on my project today. I was able to get a couple of hours in while my kiddo was doing some online class meetups (strange days!) and I’m pretty happy with it so far. Still a ways to go, but I’ll take a small victory where I can!

3 Likes

I thought I was finished but I left the project on my work table untouched for several days because it felt like something was missing. It cane to me today… I think I know what it needs…

4 Likes

And done! I’m going to attempt to leave the house tomorrow at the crack of dawn in hopes of missing a possible crowd at the PO. People are not social distancing and it’s irritating.

2 Likes

Cathastropic craft fail last night :frowning: I’ll see what I can salvage in daylight, but I might be back at square one.

1 Like

Sent today! Braved the wild world in mask and gloves! I finished all my swaps, and other items I needed to send out and went out in the world. Sunny and bright today. Mowing the lawn later today. Why not?

6 Likes

Oh no! I‘ve been there. I hope it’s not as bad as you fear!

1 Like

Unfortunately it’s a ”start over” situation, but on the bright side I found better tools when cleaning up my workspace. Plus might try a slightly tweaked approach to get rid of the parts I didn’t love about it.

4 Likes

I feel like it has taken me forever, but I’ve finally come up with a plan for my OTT! I’m excited about it and hope that it comes out well and that my partner likes it!

3 Likes

I am 1/3 of the way through. Woo!

2 Likes

Hopefully your trip to the post office was not too bad, I’ve heard through the grapevine that my local PO has been a little bonkers lately… I’m almost done with my OTT so I guess I’ll find out for myself soon enough :laughing:

1 Like

UGH! Two trips to the PO on Saturday proved unsuccessful. The line both times was stupid, and only about a third of the patrons were masked or distancing themselves properly. There were probably 40 people crammed in there.

It was mailed yesterday, however!

1 Like

After countless false starts, I think I finally landed on the thing! I worked on it today after my own children and my students completed their distance learning assignments. I hope to get a little more work done later today. Hooray for inspiration!

3 Likes

Finished! Just have to brave the post office now :grimacing:

3 Likes

I managed to pick up some kind of upper respiratory ick, but after resting up and doing nothing all day yesterday I feel good enough to work (and craft).

So far, so good. The new start looks better than the old one did AND I don’t feel like stabbing something while crafting due to unhelpful tools. Much better all around,

2 Likes