COMPLETED: Pincushion/Needleminder/Needlebook Swap-Sign-Up 9/21/2020-9/28/2020, sendout 10/26/2020

Swap name: Pin Cushion/Needleminder Swap
Lettuce Craft member who is organizing this swap: bethntim
Sign-up date range: 9/21/2020-9/28/2020
Send out Date: 10/26/2020
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional) NO

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country?

Additional Age requirement? 16

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:

Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:

Has been a member for at least one month: YES
Has posted at least 15 times: YES
Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
Does not have any negative feedback: YES

Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES

Has posted a comment in this thread and will check regularly for swap updates YES
If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

PARTICIPANT REQUIREMENTS

• New swappers or those with “less than perfect” swap records are currently not signed up for any other swaps.
  • Previous swappers from old site are not currently signed up for more than two other swaps.
  • Participant is at least 16 years old.
  • Has posted a comment in this thread and will check regularly for swap updates YES/NO
  • If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap.
  • If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap.
  • Participant must post in this swap thread at least once before signing up.
  • Are you willing to check in once a week? YES/NO

SWAP OVERVIEW

• This is a ONE item swap, no extras please! You will craft one pincushion/needle minder/needle book for your partner. I am trying to keep the postage low for this one. I am allowing 1 month crafting time because I have noticed when you limit it to ONE item, the detail and intricacy of the work really goes thru the roof. You’re ALWAYS welcome to send early!
  • You must send a private message to the organizer, @bethntim and your assigned partner, when you send your package and when you receive your partner’s package.

To participate, post at least once in this swap thread and send a private message containing the following questionnaire information to @bethntim :

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER
Name of Swap: Pincushion/Needle Minder Swap
Lettuce Craft Username:
Email Address:
Your Real Name:
Mailing Address Including Country:

Confirm that are at least 16 years old: YES or NO
Have posted a comment in this thread and will check regularly for swap updates YES/NO
Do you understand that if shipping within the US you must use tracking numbers? YES or NO
Do you understand that if shipping internationally, you must provide a photograph/digital image of the receipt as proof of sending? YES or NO
Are you willing to ship to international swappers? YES or NO
Do you wish to do the optional ‘Extras’ portion of the swap? THIS IS A “NO EXTRAS SWAP”, JUST 1 PINCUSION/NEEDLEMINDER PLEASE

Do you have any allergies or intolerances?
Do you have any pets or allergens in your home or workspace?
Do you or anyone in your household smoke?

What are your favorite crafts to make?
What are your favorite crafts to receive?
Any special wishes? (no guarantees)
Anything you really DON’T want to receive? (i.e. animal products, religious, “adult", etc)

Do you have any favorite interests or fandoms?

Patterns/Symbols/Motifs:
Materials:

DISLIKES
Colors:
Patterns/Symbols/Motifs:
Materials:

Any items/materials you do NOT want?
Do you have a Pinterest link to share with your partner?
Anything else the organizer or your partner should know?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO BETHNTIM VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

5 Likes

PARTNER LIST!
:mailbox:>> sent
:gift:>>received
:framed_picture:>>pics posted

PARTICIPANTS
@bethntim :mailbox: :gift: :framed_picture:>>> @endymion :gift: :framed_picture: :mailbox:
@Abbeeroad :mailbox: :gift: :framed_picture:>>> @EriChanHime :gift: :mailbox: :framed_picture:
@Immaculata :gift: :framed_picture: :mailbox:>> @storerboughtcreation :mailbox:

3 Likes

I’ll be signing up for this one!

1 Like

I think I may sign up too! No extras, does that literally mean nothing except the pincushion? So no candy bar or a few bags of tea either? Or no crafted extras? Either way is fine for me, just wanted to check. It’s a bit of a habit for me to throw in some small treats with every package.

2 Likes

I’m sure a little something sweet in the package will be just fine but yes just ONE crafted item

3 Likes

I was so happy to see this in the list of new swaps!

3 Likes

I’ve been waiting for this swap since the last site was live, so I’m definitely prioritizing this over all the others. :heart_eyes: Wedding planning and my new job are taking almost everything I have, and I’ll be making birthday and holiday presents for family soon, so this (not counting a personal swap I’ve already got in the works) is my only site swap this round. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :two_hearts: Unless something crazy happens and I finish and mail before the deadline for something else specifically holiday-related closes. Then we’ll see. :joy:

4 Likes

I just sent in my questionnaire! I can’t wait for partners to be assigned! :heart:

4 Likes

Still working on my questionnaire! Hope to have it done by tomorrow. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hopefully I will be able to meet post requirements by the sign up deadline! :wink: (I’m so much more of a lurker!)

4 Likes

We’d love to have you!

Sign ups close Monday at noon eastern! We’ve got a great group so far but could always use more

3 Likes

Oooh! I will have to sign up for that one!! Will work on questionnaire during lunch!

3 Likes

2 hours left! If you’re on the fence, take the plunge! I’m so excited to get started!!!

2 Likes

Sorry, @bethntim ! I was out of town, and I thought I had one more day to complete this. I’ll get my form in at lunch!

Edited to add: I just sent in my questionnaire! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Hello all and welcome!!!
I have assigned partners and will be emailing everyone within the hour of their partners, I LOVE reading everybody’s questionnaires and think this is going to be an epic swap!

Ice breaking question:
You can have an unlimited supply of one thing for the rest of your life, what is it? for me-YARN!! (oh darn, I should’ve picked money)

4 Likes

HA! Fair. :grin: I think I would want an unending supply of energy! So much of my life is dictated by how tired or worn out I am; being able to remove that barrier would make so many things so much better!

2 Likes

Ooooh! Both are very good answers!

Really, I should say energy, too… but because I want to be different, I’ll say wool felt. :grin:

Edited to add: HOORAY for partners!

3 Likes

I’d also have to say yarn. A skein that changes colors at the exact spot needed and never runs out would be the best!

4 Likes

We’re in partial lockdown again as of tomorrow so I’ll have alllll the time for crafting!

And the unlimited supply, as someone with a chronic health issue I’d love some energy too, but unlimited embroidery floss in all the colours will do!

4 Likes