COMPLETED: Pincushion/Needleminder/Needlebook Swap-Sign-Up 9/21/2020-9/28/2020, sendout 10/26/2020

Life went a bit manic yesterday, so I didn’t manage to sign up. I’ll be looking out for the gallery. :hugs:

3 Likes

Gotta go with FABRIC! :smile:

Yay partners! I have too many ideas!!

4 Likes

I’m doing the Stalking this morning and it turns out my partner likes quite a lot of things I like too! So I’ve got plenty of ideas, I just have to pick one of the 200 now!

3 Likes

I’m in the same boat… so many ideas! Gotta try to narrow it down.

2 Likes

Same here!

1 Like

I think I’m getting it narrowed down. Really just going back and forth between 2 options now…

2 Likes

I can guarantee whatever you choose will be perfect! :wink:

2 Likes

I instantly had a pattern pop into my head for my partner. But while searching for the pattern, I found two others that were also great. I think I picked the one I’ll be making. :blush:

3 Likes

Full confession!!! My old behind had to buy this magnifying light!

8 Likes

I used to want one too… Then I got varifocal lenses!

I have also narrowed down my options to maybe 2 or 3. The strongest contender is a pattern I’ve wanted to stitch since 2007!

3 Likes

You’ve waited over a decade to make the pattern. Do it!!! :blush:

3 Likes

Yay! I made my final decision, did a sketch, and gathered all my materials. Now going to get to work!

I’ve got a calendar with all my swap deadlines on it, and I’m making good progress every day.

My craft mojo is back and I’m running with it!

3 Likes

Love to hear it!

2 Likes

WEEKLY CHECK-IN!!!

how’s everyone doing? I had a really productive weekend and got probably 75% of mine complete.

play-along question:
Q: Have you ever met anyone famous?
A: not really, I went to high school with Brian Littrell of the Backstreet Boys but that’s about as close to a celebrity sighting as I’ve had.

2 Likes

I haven’t even started! I got home today. But I know what I’ll be making so I’m starting today or tomorrow.

I went to highschool with someone who’s now famous in my country. She wasn’t nice in school and she still doesn’t come across as friendly today. Even in middle school it was clear she was going places, she was going to be a celebrity or marry a millionaire or something. Honestly I’m quite out of touch with popular culture so I probably wouldn’t even recognize a lot of them if I did meet them. Unless they’re famous crafters or something :smile:

3 Likes

We ran into Bella Thorne at Griffith Observatory when we were visiting L.A. one year.

3 Likes

I haven’t even started yet! Worked on my HP swap over the weekend, but got that mostly done so I can switch to this sooon!

Nope, never met or seen anyone famous. Boring.

4 Likes

I COMPLETELY MESSED UP MY PIECE! I’m so heartbroken!
I accidentally grabbed a permanent marker rather than water soluble so now I have red ink bleeding thru my white fabric!!!
It’s currently soaking in a hand sanitizer bath to try to salvage it otherwise it’s back to the drawing board!
Wish me luck!

2 Likes

Aw, I’m sorry! That’s heartbreaking, with all the work you had already invested in it. I don’t mind some red spots… hope you can save it!

2 Likes

I have the pattern picked out, but haven’t started yet. I’m working on a different swap project currently.

As for someone famous… I worked very briefly with a now retired running back for the Carolina Panthers. He was in high school in WA at the time. Everyone knew he’d make it to the NFL. And he did.

3 Likes