Prayer Flag Swap - April 2020
Welcome back to swapping! You will craft one flag for your partner. I encourage you to make one for yourself, but this is not required. This is a no extras swap due to our current situation.
If your flag is fairly flat with no 3-D embellishments, you could send this in a business envelope. It is required that you use tracking however you choose to mail.
We will use this article about them in Cloth Paper Scissors as our guide; the instructions below are taken from that link:
How to Make Prayer Flags
- Cut pieces of fabric to 5" x 11". Use materials you already have on hand.
- Fold the top down on each piece of fabric and stitch in place to create a 3" sleeve, making the flag surface 5" x 8".
- Paint, stitch, embroider, appliqué, or collage the flags.
- Add words, journaling, or symbols as desired. You can appliqué letters, add hand stitching, stencil with textile paint, or just write with a permanent marker.
- Thread the flags onto a string or cord and hang them outdoors so the breeze will catch them and spread your intentions.
FLAGS can be made from fabric, yarn, man-made fabric-like material, canvas, scraps, and they can be embellished with embroidery, buttons, charms, beads, and whatever else you have on hand.
Flags are intended to be hung outside, with unfinished edges so the birds and weather carry away your good thoughts and wishes and spread them all over the world. You can make more finished flags and it is up to you and your partner if the flags are for decoration or sending good vibes out.
Details of swap:
–You will craft one prayer flag for each partner, keeping your partner’s preferences in mind.
– Please post in this thread at least once a week so we know you are still crafting with us.
Swap name: Prayer Flags - April 2020
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Smmarrt
Sign-up date range:March 24, 2020 - March 30, 2020
Date to send item by: April 21, 2020
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): 40
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country?
Additional Age requirement? 18+
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES
Questionnaire - Send to Smmarrt
Name of swap: Prayer Flag Swap - April 2020
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 18 years old: (YES/NO)
Inside or outside flags?
Link to Pinterest:
Anything else you need to share?
Please list 4 - 8 themes for your flags:
@Wulf Wulf >><< @GMPNQ
@AcadianDriftwood >><< @MightyMitochondria
@marionberries >><< @thanate
@lifeinpigtails >><< @wendiek
@Ewulotta >><< @Abbeeroad
@Renstar >><< @AIMR
@seeuudee >><< @MistressJennie
@kayrun >><< @Smmarrt