CLOSED Santa's Sack Swap R2 - SU 9/27-10-12 and SO 12/4

Looking forward to this! :christmas_tree::blush:

3 Likes

Only a few more days for sign ups!

tagging those who showed prior interest or participated last year
@jemimah @endymion @Smmarrt @Kwality570 @MelissaLeeDesigns @MightyMitochondria @Bunny1kenobi @Cindy @photojenn @artsycandice @AIMR

6 Likes

Iā€™d love to join but my schedule (and location) are uncertain at this time so I cannot participate. I will be ooh-ing and ahh-ing in the gallery tho!

1 Like

signed up!

4 Likes

On the fence, this one is really tempting.

1 Like

Signed up!

3 Likes

I have assigned partners and sent out questionnaires. Have fun!

Please make sure you received the questionnaire for the person to the right of your name on the post at the top

4 Likes

Had a feeling i might have been too late, no worries, off to look for a different swap to join.

Hi all - just a reminder, to verify that you have the right questionnaire for the person listed as your partner in my post above. Let me know if you have questions.

2 Likes

Check in question:
How soon is too soon to see Christmas stuff for sale in the store?

I went to Fresh Market at the tail end of August and they were already selling their bags of cinnamon scented pinecones. I think that is just WAY too early. Also I like cinnamon but those pinecones are super powerful. I try to hold my breath while I walk by.

@geekgirl @momiemae @Manders @Abbeeroad @gozer @Lynx @jeanneleigh @AIMR @jemimah @Kwality570

2 Likes

Dollar Tree puts out a lot of Christmas crafting stuff at then end of August. I guess it gives plenty of time to make stuff, but, I prefer not to see Christmas stuff until at least after Halloween. It used to be that Christmas stuff didnā€™t even make it out until after Black Friday in Novemberā€¦not anymoreā€¦guess that is why we make fun and call it Hallowthanksmas! UGH!

2 Likes

I love Christmas, so I wasnā€™t upset to see it out alreadyā€¦but feels too early to buy things.

3 Likes

:point_up: Totally agree. August is ridiculous!!

Also - can confirm my questionnaire and partner match! Iā€™ve already been brainstorming ideas. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I donā€™t like to see it before November. It is understandable to see it in the craft stores, but I donā€™t like seeing it in Walmart or the other places until after Halloween.

4 Likes

I agree. In craft stores, fine. You have to have time to make stuff, but in a regular store, give me until at least after Halloween!

4 Likes

I was about to say that craft stores are my exception. Iā€™m ok with mid September for regular stores Because I love Christmas!

4 Likes

November is early enough for me (I also agree craft shops could be anytime though). August is ridiculous! I guess thatā€™s how it is now. There were hot cross buns in the supermarket at New Year, itā€™s like there are no proper seasons anymore. Maybe itā€™s climate change.

3 Likes

I buy stuff to craft with from walmart so Iā€™m happy to see an early selection. I got the very last nativity sheep yesterday! Baa!

5 Likes

I say after Thanksgiving for Christmas stuff in the stores, but maybe Iā€™m a grinch. I went to Hallmark the other day and they were already playing Christmas music. Itā€™s great and all, but not when itā€™s still warm outside!

3 Likes

I made my sack!

3 Likes