Only wishlists in this thread – Gallery & discussion thread is here!
Swap name: Secret Santa Wishlist Swap 2020
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: @thanate
Sign-up date range: Oct 25-Nov 10
Send by/claiming closes: Nov 30
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): no, the more the merrier!
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? Heck no!
Swap Organizer herself meets these conditions:
(toggle for organizer credentials)
Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
(toggle for participant requirements)
Has been a member for at least one month: YES/NO
Has posted at least 15 times: YES/NO
Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES/NO
Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES/NO
Does not have any negative feedback: YES/NO
Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES/NO
Has posted a comment in the discussion thread and will check regularly for swap updates YES/NO
If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES/NO
If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES/NO
Details of swap:
- have at least as much fun giving as receiving?
- need small gifts for family, friends or coworkers?
- delight in sneaky, anonymous acts of kindness?
- collect handmade goods to donate to a charity?
- miss getting together online with your LettuceCraft swap pals?
If any of these sound like you, then JOIN THE SECRET SANTA WISHLIST SWAP!! All are welcome, whatever holidays or observances you might be into, and wherever you are in the world.
In this swap, you won’t know who is sending to you. Plus, there’s practically no limit to how many people you might receive from, and you can send to multiple people. And only the organizers (and one swap mod) knows the true identities of all these crafty elves!!
The minimum package to each person is 2 small items, or 1 medium.
”Small” and “medium” refer to time/effort or price, not actual physical size of item. What qualifies as a small item?
By time: About an hour (this is my own definition, not the usual one, because I am very slow!)
By size: Earrings, pendant, wallet, pouch, bookmarks, magnets, headband, simple hand-carved stamp, toy for pets
By price: $10 or less
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap:
Lettuce Craft username:
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 18 years old (yes/no)
Have you read and understand all the rules and details?
Do you have a camera to take pictures of your presents?
Can you list at least 5 crafted items and/or supplies on your wishlist? (If you don’t have 5 for yourself, you can also list things for your loved ones, things to be abandoned as random acts of kindness, things to donate to charitable causes, etc.)
If there are clothing items on your list, what are the measurements and or sizes?
Is there anything else you would like your Secret Santa to know, which you don’t want to publicize to the world on your wishlist? (I’ll pass the info along only to the people who claim you)
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
How this Swap Works
Please post a little something in the Discussion/Gallery weekly to let everyone know you’re still on board, even if you haven’t sent/received during the week.
First, you send in your swap questionnaire, and after I verify that you are eligible, I will respond to you within 48 hours and add the swap to your profile. Then, you’ll post your wishlist in this thread. An index of everyone’s wishlists will be in the second post.
What to post on your wishlist:
DO NOT POST YOUR LIST UNTIL YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED.
- Write a mini bio including what country you are in, allergies/aversions, and preferences in colors, themes, patterns, etc.
- Add links to any online favorites, wishlist(s), or relevant info you’re comfortable sharing with us, such as Ravelry, Pinterest, and/or your blog.
- If you are requesting items for a charity, please share a link to that charity so we can learn more and potentially spread the word.
- If you would be okay with duplicates of a certain item, or a package of only supplies, please make note of that.
- You must list at least 5 crafted items on your list. You can include “large” items, art/craft supplies, and non-crafted extras in your wishlist, but the majority should be small and medium crafted items, and there should be no grumblings if you do not receive a large item or extras.
How to claim:
- Browse through everyone’s wishlists and friendly-stalk participants for ideas and affinities. Check the “Still Needs a Secret Santa” list to make sure everyone is getting claimed at least once.
- If you want to send to someone but aren’t certain you can get it done, just let the organizers know that you’re planning it. You can wait to put in a formal claim until you’re ready to send, if that makes things easier for you.
- When you’re ready to be a Secret Santa for someone: PM the organizer with “[your username] Secret Santa-claim for [username of who you’re claiming]” as the subject. Include in the body of the message who you want to claim, and what you plan to send them.
- If approved, you will receive the person’s swap questionnaire with mailing address and a code-name for that claim.
- Start crafting, or if you have finished crafting, take that awesomeness to the post office!
More about claims:
Claiming goes through November 30. The sooner you send, the sooner you can claim more people. No matter what date you claim someone, the send-out deadline is the same. Once you PM the organizers confirmation of mailing a package, you may claim another person.
Established swappers may claim up to 3 people at a time.
first-time swappers may claim 2 at a time after their 1st package has been sent with tracking confirmation.
There is no limit to how many times each person can be picked, but each person will be picked at least once.
No participant may be claimed more than once until everyone currently signed-up has been selected at least once. Please post your wishlist in a timely manner when you are approved for the swap so the elves can get to work!
If you are claiming one of the organizers, please only pm the other organizer!
You need to be a Secret Santa to at least one person to receive positive feedback.
Crafted and requested items do not have to be holiday-themed. Regardless of whether the things you send are connected to the holiday season, the idea is to make these packages truly presents and be festive. Thus, you’re requested to do what you can to make the package special and relevant to the individual’s preferences.
Sending and Receiving:
*You must PM organizers when you have sent and received, and include your username in the subject line. With all the anonymity, communication is extra-important in this swap. Definitely include the tracking number when sending, and any secret code by which you may have identified yourself on the package. Do not PM the person you send to, because that will spoil the surprise! (if you are claiming/sending to one of the organizers, just notify the other one!)
*Organizers will PM participants when they have a package on the way (based on the messages we receive from Secret Santas who have shipped packages).
*Please, please, please share photos once you’ve opened your gift! In addition to the usual reasons why it’s important, it may also preserve the sanity of your organizer in the crazy process of keeping track of who has sent and received what.
Other burning questions?
PM the organizes or ask in the Discussion thread. Welcome aboard, and let the merriment begin!