COMPLETE: Use What You Have Swap Round 2 - S/U 1/28/21-2/11/21 SO 3/11/21

I have started winding yarn for one idea that might work… There are some othee supplies I’m eyeing but I’m not sure what to make. This part of figuring stuff out is fun :slight_smile:

Work killed me today so no crafting, just plotting…

2 Likes

Sorry to hear you had a tough day hugs

2 Likes

I have so much catching up to do! We rescued a dog this weekend but he had to be transported from Tx to NY last week so it was a busy week with all that then we picked him up on Valentines day…super exciting then I got the head cold from hell!! That you know one side of the nose runs until it migrates to the other then finally you just can’t breath kind of head cold UGH!!! This seriously dampened my swapping enthusiasm and must end!!!

2 Likes

So far I’ve just been plotting and thinking, but I did come up with a fun idea that I ran past one of our mutual friends for @Magpie and she also thinks she’ll love what I’m making! It’s good to sometimes have a second opinion when you think the thing might be too weird. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No such thing my friend, no such thing.

2 Likes

How y’all doing? We came out of lock down this week so the fabric store is open after a loooong 6 weeks. I am resisting though, resisting resisting resisting! A variant has been identified in my city which is making the not going shopping decision a bit easier, scary business.

I’ve been keeping busy with the February Thing A Day craftalong but this weekend I am sitting down to knock out some happy mail packages and an idea or 2 for this swap. I have one question for you partner, are you sweary or wary of dropping the eff bombs? I personally have a potty mouth, terribly dirty.

2 Likes

I have some ideas brewing already for your package but need to wade through my craft room to see what I can find. I may try to reorganize it a bit and sort out the shelves to make finding things easier. Plus, if I go through it, I’ll definitely know what I do and don’t have on hand!

Swearywise I’m a probably more than occasional cusser and definitely don’t mind sweary things. :slight_smile:

How is everyone else doing so far? Got good ideas brewing for your partners?

2 Likes

working steadily on my medium and finished up a small the other day for @Raury

definitely happy lockdown 2.0 stopped this week, however, we are still in “red” which doesn’t mean much for the places i prefer to go - will be super happy to be able to go sit in a real live restaurant and drink a beer again if any of our restaurants open with our “10 customer maximum.” that and go into a yarn store and touch. all. the. things. (my two closest are still doing curbside only. which makes me grateful for The Stash, since i really MUST squish the yarn before buying .

2 Likes

Yarn MUST be squished! I have also been tripped up by colors not being the same on the screen as in real life more than once. :unamused:

2 Likes

I have planned and sketched, then I did the last finishing touch part, but haven’t started the main thing yet. Hopefully this weekend. :wink:

2 Likes

I am still in the planning phase.

1 Like

Yes! I hate it when it’s scratchier than imagined. Squishing is very important.

I agree. Sometimes it’s so much more vibrant in the photo and sometimes the color is way off, but I’ve been surprised the other way too. Sometimes you see way more speckles and details on yarn in person than in a photo online. You just never know. Way better to squish!

3 Likes

I’ve started on a project and hope to finish this weekend.

And yes yarn must be squished.

1 Like

Also still in planning phase!

1 Like

I’ve been AWOL due to the nonsense in Texas. This week has been 5000 years long. But we have power now and I’m not complaining. Although 0 crafting happened.

6 Likes

I squished yarn yesterday and also came up with a tentative plan…

1 Like

Oh, man. Knitting with a cat in the lap is an adventure. He’s not amused by the lack of lap time the past week and is making up for lost time. He is also extremely interested in the yarn and needles. I have to take lots of breaks, because I sit super weird to avoid dangling things in front of his nose :laughing:

4 Likes

Major progress today! Might even finish this up tomorrow. :grin:

I do have a question: the details up top say 1 medium and 2 smalls, is that right or is it 1 medium or 2 smalls? I’m happy to make more, but thought I should check since its often stated the second way.

1 Like

I’ve stayed in jammies all day to craft undistracted and still find myself here at 6pm with not much done, lol. The free time flies by when you work all week.
I gots plans though, just making notes and sketches over here and hopefully get some more accomplished tomorrow.

@Tapestry, you stay safe! We’re watching your Canadian-like winter unfold from way up here and sending you good recovery vibes.

3 Likes

I have one thing done, the rest still in planning stages!

1 Like