COMPLETE: Use What You Have Swap Round 2 - S/U 1/28/21-2/11/21 SO 3/11/21

I have planned and sketched, then I did the last finishing touch part, but haven’t started the main thing yet. Hopefully this weekend. :wink:

2 Likes

I am still in the planning phase.

1 Like

Yes! I hate it when it’s scratchier than imagined. Squishing is very important.

I agree. Sometimes it’s so much more vibrant in the photo and sometimes the color is way off, but I’ve been surprised the other way too. Sometimes you see way more speckles and details on yarn in person than in a photo online. You just never know. Way better to squish!

3 Likes

I’ve started on a project and hope to finish this weekend.

And yes yarn must be squished.

1 Like

Also still in planning phase!

1 Like

I’ve been AWOL due to the nonsense in Texas. This week has been 5000 years long. But we have power now and I’m not complaining. Although 0 crafting happened.

6 Likes

I squished yarn yesterday and also came up with a tentative plan…

1 Like

Oh, man. Knitting with a cat in the lap is an adventure. He’s not amused by the lack of lap time the past week and is making up for lost time. He is also extremely interested in the yarn and needles. I have to take lots of breaks, because I sit super weird to avoid dangling things in front of his nose :laughing:

4 Likes

Major progress today! Might even finish this up tomorrow. :grin:

I do have a question: the details up top say 1 medium and 2 smalls, is that right or is it 1 medium or 2 smalls? I’m happy to make more, but thought I should check since its often stated the second way.

1 Like

I’ve stayed in jammies all day to craft undistracted and still find myself here at 6pm with not much done, lol. The free time flies by when you work all week.
I gots plans though, just making notes and sketches over here and hopefully get some more accomplished tomorrow.

@Tapestry, you stay safe! We’re watching your Canadian-like winter unfold from way up here and sending you good recovery vibes.

3 Likes

I have one thing done, the rest still in planning stages!

1 Like

Quite sure it’s and… so three items in total :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s one medium plus two smalls. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

After being in communication with the lovely @Annchen I have a much better idea about what I’ll be making for this swap :wink:

2 Likes

Excellent. Making more!

2 Likes

First project finished yesterday while husband was preparing the garden, the sun was shining on my back And you can smell the first flowers.
@anna.wahnsinn hope you like it.

5 Likes

UGH so been down with a head cold and despite me telling it that I was bigger than this and it wasn’t going to be a show stopper I think the cold won! Coupled with a new 40lb puppy (he’s 4-5 months lol) and living with slobs my house took a nose dive with me!
However, I am now getting better and love nothing more than pouring through my supplies and @momiemae themes for inspiration! I always marvel how I get partners with different color choices and interests than I have YET I always seem to have a generous stash of items to use up! Even though I took a year long hiatus from swapping I still look at every supply as “nope save this I may use it one day on a swap”
Kids are off sledding I am going to just say nah not feeling well enough to clean muhahaha off to crafting!

5 Likes

I have one small thing done.

1 Like

Some progress over the weekend. My medium is at a stage where I could bring it to work and craft on my coffee break. So far it looks promising. One small planned but not started…

3 Likes

I hope you’re well and safe now! How frightening for everyone.

I love hearing how everyone spoils their furbabies. It makes me feel less guilty about my dog ruling my life. :slight_smile:

Glad to hear you’re on the mend enough to do some crafting!

I’m finishing up some other swaps right now, but I’m super excited to get started on this one. I went through my craft room and came up with an idea that I will have fun making and that I think magpie will love too!

4 Likes